rubber roofing for waterfall

Reaction score
The white powder on the liner is talc. It's used to keep the liner from sticking together if it gets hot (it will) in transport. If you look on Firestone's site, they don't separate "fish safe" from their other .45 EPDM liner. The difference is that pond dealers mark the price up tons because it's a niche market. The same is true with skimmers. The skimmers are made in the exact same factories with the same molds, and then Pondmaster or someone else has their name put on them so that they can charge exorbitant prices for them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ComputerGuy said:
The white powder on the liner is talc. It's used to keep the liner from sticking together if it gets hot (it will) in transport. If you look on Firestone's site, they don't separate "fish safe" from their other .45 EPDM liner. The difference is that pond dealers mark the price up tons because it's a niche market. The same is true with skimmers. The skimmers are made in the exact same factories with the same molds, and then Pondmaster or someone else has their name put on them so that they can charge exorbitant prices for them.
I think thats deffently true and any product you buy today seems to have a cheaper counterpart
You are just paying for the name some of the times if you go on northen tool sight the even sell pondliners pumps and skimmers .They make it you pay for it depends on what you are willing to pay .I bought cheapo harbor freight pumps and they have worked great for years now ,the highest I paid for a pump there was 30 dollars and 5 dollar warranty .

Reaction score
They [at least some] definitely add antimicrobial agent to the talc on roofing liner. The biggest problem is that it's almost completely unregulated and not guaranteed to be safe. They could add or substitute ingredients in a given batch and apparently do sometimes. There have been a lot of catastrophes in terms of numbers from what I've read over the last couple years. I'd use it if I tested it on feeder goldfish first, though. I'm feelin' lucky.

Ask a Question