Safe PVC Fish Pond Paint

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Thank you, guess I'll just leave it alone as for painting, & just scrub it down the next time I drain it. Charlie B.

I would advise against scrubbing. Such action will greatly destroy the periphyton that has colonized all of the submerged surfaces not only providing a foundation for the aquatic food chain but also supplying most of the Dissolved Oxygen existing in the water column.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
If you use a little peroxide when cleaning it ,it will help and is not harmful to the fish .I use it too clean my rocks on the water fall .
Surely you are not suggesting that CharlieB clean his entire pond with Peroxide? That would have devastating effects.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
of course not I did not finish it because of phone call .But I see lots of people these days that want clean liners and then they use algae killing products to clean them and fish die and then the drain the pond into there yard and there grass and plants die .It is safer to take a toilet bowl brush and dip it in a bowl of peroxide and brush it on then the other stuff .Even the ponddigger Eric has discussed this on his sight .Plus the health concerns of those algae products scare me .I have seen people here when they do the house tours for gardens that have ponds have there ponds cleaned a brag about the products they use and you see algae products every time .I turn my pumps off during warmer weather and clean my rocks with a spray of it and wait a half hour and turn them back on .But I have found since over aerating my pond I have not had to do this .The aerator and the big spitter pipes I made really do work .I want the good muck on my liner it helps the pond and the fish .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My friend in NC has said he is happy I showed him how to raise his pond sides by just over 2 feet because of flooding again .Lucky for him he left the extra liner .Surprising how many people cut it .I left mine and plan on raising the sides again this summer if I can finish the decks before then .I guess now he is going to try the over aerating his pond now .

Ask a Question