Share Spring Photos Here!

Reaction score
LOL. Nope don't eat deer meat any more. Ate it when I was growing up and when my kids were growing up cause that's how we made ends meet. We haven't eaten deer in probably 18 years.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think I ate it once and had nightmares that Bambi was after me w/ super long sharp teeth :cheerful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
When I was married, my son and his dad would shoot 3-5 deer a year. I got smart after they tried to butcher and put old buck meat into the freezer. After that, nothing larger than a 4 point buck went into the freezer, and preferably 1-2 year olds, thank you! I made the best deer roasts, people who said they hated deer were fooled and never once thought they were eating deer. I didn't do it on purpose, if they didn't ask, I didn't tell them! Once, a friend's kids were over for supper. They were going on and on about hating deer meat, that it was gross and made them gag. I didn't say a thing. In fact, their dad had no idea he was eating deer either, or he would have spoiled it. Later on, when we were cleaning up, one of the girls noticed the freezer wrap that said "roast" and a hand written month and year. She looked at it, then at me, and then said, "no way!!!" I just smiled. She went running in to tell her dad that she just ate the best deer EVER! I told her and everyone else that if the only deer you have ever eaten was from a big buck, then no wonder you hated it! I didn't have to cover up any flavor. I never overcooked it, being so lean it would get all dried out. It's just really good stuff. Wish I could put one in my freezer this fall again! Will have to let my son know his mama would love another young buck or doe! That's enough meat for me a for a year.
And, thanks for the kind words, Montana. Yes, I have had really idea weather this year, and we have a much longer growing season. I'm happy about that! I would not like a desert setting, I like the water to come from the sky for the most part, not from my wallet! And, having a well, I'm free to water all I want, the only thing I pay for is the electric to run the pump. That sure helps, too! I enjoy watering, and the plants show it! They are spoiled. The hanging baskets would wilt and droop in a day if they were not watered (of we didn't get a good amount of rain). But, it's so relaxing to me, walking around watering, feeding the pond fish, just enjoying the mornings and evenings. I guess it pays off for me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I just love this day lily, called Garden Joy, I think (that's all that is left of the plant tag LOL).
Daylily yellow and red.JPGBeautiful daylily.JPG
And, these tall yellow lilies are very fragrant, and have lots of blooms, too.
Tall yellow fragrant lilies.JPG
My hibiscus buds are beginning to expand, showing the deep red flower that will soon be blooming. Next pic I share I promise will be a fully open flower.
Hibiscus bud beginning to open.JPG

Reaction score
Late, as usual... but what are those yellow blooming plants back in ?

My 'common' WL are finally starting to bloom. I like using the 'frogs-eye-view' shots, too. I just wish I could train one of them to use this camera...

Water_Lillies_zps56267afb.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Very pretty lilies, xAbD! Yes, I love that view, down on the water's surface!
As far as the yellow flowers, you said post 198, and I posted on that post, but no pics. Did you maybe mean post #196? Those are Water Fringe plants. They are like lilies, but float on the water, tinier flowers, fringed petals to the flowers, and spread as they float. I have lots, although they seem to be finishing blooming for this year, or the heat is hurting them. Once they get established, they grow really well.

Ask a Question