Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I would try to put in plants first. Thats what I did and the fish love it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help and ideas I think I might try the plants first does anyone know what plants are good for full sun and that would help the pond and would live for next year after winter.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help and ideas I think I might try the plants first does anyone know what plants are good for full sun and that would help the pond and would live for next year after winter.
The best are floating plants like hyacinths but they die I think

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Am not aware of this "all kinds of bad stuff". I do know that pond dye helps control problem algae growth by blocking the sun's rays from penetrating very deep into the water, thus blocking any photosynthetic processes which problem algae need to live and grow. However, this blocking action extends to all of the good algae that grows on all of the submerged surfaces, the existence of which is crucial to the bio-chemical balance of the pond's eco-system. Oxygen production will be greatly affected negatively and carbon cycling will be restricted. A healthy pond needs at least 4 hours of sunlight per day for all of the bio-chemical processes to function properly.
So, if you really want to disrupt the bio-chemical balance of your pond then, yes, most certainly add Pond dye.
You know all that "dadgumded :poop: them nazis spray out da back of them airplane jet thangs" Sorry....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
Has anyone like the moss on there rocks because I wanted to buy some and put it in the cracks of the stones to make it look more natural.

And what does everyone think about rocks in the pond I had somer big colored stones that I used in front of my house and I wanted to put some in the pond you think it's ok.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
well I looked like a smurf ,next time Tammy puts it in and needs help she is going for a swim .I know some put it in to shade the pond but it does effect your view of the fish .They do not look as pretty as the water with dye in it makes there colors look funky .I saw that some of her plants turn alittle also .
Do they make it in vibrant colors like red yellow etc ? I want to die the water in my fountain just for the aesthetic

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
No just black and diffrent blues but it seems everone gets the black cause it takes the uv light from the sun better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
The blues are nice clear blue is supposed to be the best and it has bacteria in it for the pond to stay healty.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Has anyone like the moss on there rocks because I wanted to buy some and put it in the cracks of the stones to make it look more natural.

And what does everyone think about rocks in the pond I had somer big colored stones that I used in front of my house and I wanted to put some in the pond you think it's ok.
I have rocks in my pond but if they are colored or not they will get coated in algae so...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
So I guess its ok to have a turtle cause I keep reading that there bad to have around cause of dieases is that true cause I wanted to get one along with frogs.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My pond sits in direct sun and I have lilies, water hyacinth and lots of potted plants in the water to provide shade. The hardy lily would be a good choice for you since WH dies off in the winter and would need to be replaced. Hope this helps.

Ask a Question