Some very impressive pond builds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
GBBUDD - these are so fun! Thank you for sharing! If you come across any videos showing tips on making small rocks look bigger, please share them. (As in - putting a flat rock on its side to look like a bigger boulder - that kind of thing.) Now I'm getting a second cup of coffee and planning to watch these for morning inspiration!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A D.Y.I lessones learned as they go Try not to make the same mistakes . I'd also add that the shelves do not meet the size of the rocks and having to pile rocks up as they are in time will fail and start falling. the border rocks at the surface are just laying on the surface above the water line. You'll want to have that shelf start just below the surface and that way you can hide all of the liner . Not sure what type of bargan liner they got to start with but when i bought epdm he states it was far superior then was the first.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
GBBUDD - these are so fun! Thank you for sharing! If you come across any videos showing tips on making small rocks look bigger, please share them. (As in - putting a flat rock on its side to look like a bigger boulder - that kind of thing.) Now I'm getting a second cup of coffee and planning to watch these for morning inspiration!
It's not as hard as you may think. To take a large but maneuverable rock but is large only in length and width but it's thickness is only a few inches. I have seen this done outside of ponds in landscaping on projects. Like you said can you take a flat rock and tip it upward lay it against the back have it look like most of the rock is buried and you can only see a small amount of it. If you use the right plants , moss or wood this can be pulled off very effectively. The videos i have of my pond the ones that are around page 45 ish is and up when i put the addition on the pond i used very much what your asking and smaller these were basketball or double that where i placed them against the pond wall and leaning on lower rocks but i used the waterfall foam to help lock the rocks in place. don't be stingy with the foam as it expands it will come out further then you may like but it is easily cut back ONCE DRY . I used the edging and detail saw that only vibrates easy to control and they have scrapers that have no teeth that will not cut the rubber as easy if you do get to close. i would not try to make all the rocks look this way as that would be hard to pull off but a few in this layout can easily be achieved.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here's a pool conversion to a pond there is also a brief build of the ohio fish rescue where there is a more detailed build somewhere i have been unable to find it again.

Got to love when you have endless purse strings. I would have hands down used cinder blocks for the retaining wall. though they would not be as stable as the aquablocks until the backfill was on both sides of the wall. a little mortar would solve that the wall could have been built in a day and dry over night.

I ALSO QUESTION IF THE 6 Blocks around the pump vault is needed as it is all in the pool and should never run out of water . though i guess the fear would be that the rock may clog a bit in time and the pumps may drain out the vault. they are the experts. I'm just cheap

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
there are video's on youtube of how to make fake rocks . I made fake banana leaves and elephant ear leaves for birds to get a drink from

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes i have seen a few but have not seen one i like as yet . Nothing worth adding that i have found

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This build has a good intake bay build . I love the rock they used. \

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A small pond that makes a huge impact . a stream with little height but lots of action

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
a Aquascapes CONTEMPORARY TWIST

Ask a Question