SOS... wet snow...trees down...pond buried...powers out for 9 days!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think some are so used to it and really don't even realize how hard work they put into it

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is nice being sort of moderate temperature, we get real cold for a while then pop back up, some snow that then melts fast.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Anybody guess what place I would think would be my idea of a nice temperate zone to abide in over this lovely winter coming up?
Here are some clues to help you guess...........
Now who's w/ me on this one?

palm-tree09.gif

mozill21.gif

beach5.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If our condo doesn't rent you can go use it jw! right on the intercostal, just let us know and we will get you a key and the address

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm with you, JW!!! Ocean, sunshine, umbrella drinks .... hot waiter bringing them to you. LOL Maybe some dolphins jumping in the distance ... or a whale blowing ... all wonderful sights to see when near the ocean.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hawaii is nice but to expensive to live there .I'm not sure after awhile of living there it would be the same .I spent 3 month's in Puerto Rico and after the first month it started going downhill and after the second month I could not wait for the third month to get here so I could come back .Living there and vacationing there are 2 different things .I stayed in a nice hotel but even that gets old.Then when the storms hit ,I just wanted out .I was there during hurricane season ,no fun .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ahhhhh, that's so nice of you addy. Would love it but need to keep the home fires burning for now. Can't be too greedy on the weather after all just got back from nice trip to you know where?

Patti, maybe one day we can all meet w/ addy and anyone else who wants to down in the Southlands somewhere for a nice relaxing time of sun, surf and good eats
hammock223.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy, would just go and stay for the whole winter and head back home in Spring or early Summer...........sounds good to me!
Enough of this rain and wind here already, I says!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy just go back to the first page of this post and look at the photo and tell me where you would like to be.........there or a tropical island? Me I choose island life to winter in...........no contesto!!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
any time, we have a heated pool right outside of the other one we are working on. A lot come just for winter months ...seasonal renters

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Now that would be a super fun "girls week"! Anytime you all want to get together, I'd sure be available for that. I'd have you all over to my place, I have extra room, but talk about getting bored out of your mind QUICK! LOL Just not much to do in this little town where I live, and no big cities closer than at least an hour away. But, going to somewhere south, anytime sounds wonderful to me. Keep me posted if anyone gets a wild hair. :) My daughter once did that with a bunch of gals she met in a chat room on a western dating sight, and they had a blast in Texas.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Stop tempting me addy..........we are supposed to get strong winds and lots of rain w/ possible outages tonight.........won't take much to get me down there,lol! Might even do a little touch up for ya on the ceilings.........lol! Don't let Mark see this one,lol!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no ford motor company sent a few of us over there to set up a union for the hotel workers ,do you know some of the maids were lucky if they made 3 dollars a day and if they didn't do there job right they were fired and grounds keepers worked 7 days a week from dawn to dusk and some even worked after dark to make the hotel great for guests and made about 30 or 40 dollars a week and were treated like slaves than employees .Shame what they did to them ,and they were just to scared to speak up .I went over with a guy who had family who lived there and got to see the real puerto rico .not good either .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would want a nice peacefull beach Fiji is nice for that .Or a beach in the winter .I love Atlantic City in the winter

Ask a Question