SOS... wet snow...trees down...pond buried...powers out for 9 days!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think that is exactly what is wrong. Poor installation by builder. Have a guy coming Friday to check it out. I'm ready to rip the darn things out but that would cost more than fixing them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My son used ice and water shield around them before the flashing went on and they now sell a special seal tape for them now that pella has and is even stickier .My son said also the rubber gaskets on them should be cleaned and rubbed with an oil to keep them supple .Just like you do on fridges and freezers .He has taken gaskets out and had to replace them because they were so dried out they were no good any more .The windows would not seal down right on the gasket when closed

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good luck jw, make sure they guarantee their fix!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep guarantee there work .I know my son had to go back and repair one he repaired but it was not due to a leak it was due to the seal in the glass .The glass got cloudy and my son told them about all the tree branches on the roof from tees planted to close to the house and well the wind broke a big branch and it cracked the glass .They wanted him to cover that too under the guarantee and he told them it was the outside glass that cracked not the inside glass and that caused the leak and cloudiness .He even wrote that down on the guarantee and took pics of the branches on the roof and the damage the branches already did to the roof shingles ,people just don't listen .Now it cost them even more money .He always covers his work and even was nice enough to give them a discount on the work he had to do .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Had a guy come out today (was supposed to come tomorrow but showed up today) to look at it and told us the flashing was not installed right. He wanted to start right at it w/o even an estimate. Hubby told him to go back and tell his boss what the deal was and get an estimate. I think people are desperate for work nowadays. Got another guy coming Monday. Will get estimates from both and maybe have more come. It's not causing a mess right now so not desperate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
JW, someone shows up on Thanksgiving Day, earlier than supposed to, and wants to start working on it today? Sounds like he needed money for Black Friday shopping. LOL

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Would be scary to do without an estimate, then they could charge you whatever they want to.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Trying to make themselves sound busy and if you wait they may not have the time to get to you .I have heard that ,they think that saying that will get them the job ,to me it's a big turn off and a warning sign .We get a lot of them here like that now I can just tell them I have a built in handy man .Mike does a lot of that work for me now since he is close by .Mike and Tesia are the ones I bought the house for and he does that kind of stuff .

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Even though this is a small job, go with someone that has reputable references and check them out on the internet, you need to be suspicious of people these days running scams etc on you.

Was this video shot on your road?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol poor fish, hope they figure out where the water is...............

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Not around here this year yet but it does happen when the river floods. That video was taken way south of us on the Skokomish Valley Rd. near Shelton. You could get out and pick them up if one wanted to but might get in big trouble w/ the game dept!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok remember the leak we had and the company that was supposed to come out on a Friday to give us an estimate for a fix and they came out the day before they were supposed to on Thanksgiving w/o any notice. Well we decided not to go w/ them and were going to get more estimates. When the guy called w/ the estimate we told him we were going to just try and fix it ourselves. Well they sent us a bill for $130. for emergency inspection for that day. It says right on their web-site..........Free Estimates! It was no emergency and all we wanted was to know how much it would cost if we chose them to do it. Now what I'm wondering is if we should contact them and talk w/ them about this or should we just send them a letter saying we aren't paying or what? Just wondering what the legal aspect of this could be. Anybody have any experience w/ this problem. I mean I don't want to end up w/ them sending this bogus bill to a collection agency and ending up w/ bad credit but we are not paying them one red cent! Can you tell I'm P.O'd!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would call and raise hell with them. I would also do a print screen for their website just to have. If they have an email address you could sent them a note with the pic and tell them you won't be paying. Look and see if they are BBB (better business bueau) member as well and you can complain to them also.

Ask a Question