SOS... wet snow...trees down...pond buried...powers out for 9 days!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Stop tempting me addy..........we are supposed to get strong winds and lots of rain w/ possible outages tonight.........won't take much to get me down there,lol! Might even do a little touch up for ya on the ceilings.........lol! Don't let Mark see this one,lol!

lmao...........would be great and he doesn't read the forum.......good thing!

TEMPT TEMPT......................
here is our view

HPIM4434.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They were looking for unions to come and speak and help them figure out how to set up a union and how to get all the employees to understand what a union could do for them .They were to scared to even think of what it could do for them .The hotels tried to scare them .They have unions there now and employees now feel safer and are a lot happier .I went back 2 years after and one of the bell boys even remembered me ,I guess you cannot forget a guest who had the sliding glass doors get broken out by a giant bird and that I spent my mornings talking to all the hotel employees and knew them by name and treated them like humans .He said that ,he called me Miss Ford .I wish I had the family money LOL Nice view addy but I can't swim and not sure I float either

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Sissy, I think I was born in water, I'll teach you to swim. LOL I love anything that has to do with water, even just walking along the edge of the ocean. This is a beautiful view, Addy! Your hubby is a very lucky man. You both must really enjoy having real estate and taking care of it, even though at times it's a hectic situation.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh boy addy that is beautiful! Is that the bay? Looks like a good place to go fishing or catch some crab to me!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh boy addy that is beautiful! Is that the bay? Looks like a good place to go fishing or catch some crab to me!

That is down in florida, the water is the intercostal, the land you see across the water is billionaires row, on the other side of that strip of land is the ocean. Near West Palm Beach area. Back when I worked I bought it, now with the market flop can't sell for what I paid.............even close.
So a rental and once we retire we might become snow birds, head south and stay there for the winter.

There is a inlet maybe two minutes from our condo, the inlet is how you get out to the ocean. It was cut through during a hurricane, not an easy inlet, but with care you can get out. Tends to be turbulent. We don't head out if the waves are high.

waterview.jpg

The A is the condo and down from it you can see the inlet that leads to the ocean.

Johnnie, so sorry we have so diverted from your topic! How is the clean up doing? Is all ok there?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am wondering about all the storms and how most are doing as you don't see many people on and I know there have been line after line of bad storms .We have been in a strange bubble the last couple of days and it has been in the higher 70's and 80's the last couple of days .I saw a large band of storms from Texas and up and then the snow up i the northern states .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks like a nice place to live addy!

Lucky you sissy getting those warm temps. Calm before the storm? Hope not!

As for storms.........Johnnie hope things are all cleaned up now and not so crazy w/ all the snow. We had a mean storm last night. Wind and rain raged on forever. All is quiet now and we were lucky and did not have a power outage. Others here in the area not so lucky. Still talking more rain and some flooding but think it will be ok.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It has been cloudy since last night and they called for rain but nothing yet and it's 4 Oclock and it has gotten even warmer than yesterday .and funny weather channel says it is raining here but it's not .I see there is a lot of snow on there and wonder if they are really getting snow so checked highway cams and most are getting snow .

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sissy its a coming your way, I think we had a few inches of rain the past two days, this morning had hard downpours but no severe weather. Te wind has picked up after the coldfront. The sky is pink, red sky at night sailors delight!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Rain is finally ending here in Central Illinois, thank goodness. They are calling for 50's next couple of days and 60 on Fri, mostly sunny, too, so I sure can't complain! I think we got a couple of inches of rain the last 3 days here, too, Todd. Everything is very soggy ... may have to pull some water from the pond again on Thursday, when I have time to be outside during the day!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
red sky at morning sailors take warning .Winds are here but I guess the rain is going to miss us for now.really warm out all day and still in the 60's tonight

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We got 2.10 inches in the last 24 hours. It rained and rained and rained lol. Some more today, later, than sun and 60's Sure wish we had some of this rain during the summer. Now up to 42.94 inches for the year, at the end of summer we were just up to 20 inches.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I feel your pain addy................we have leaks from all the rain we've gotten in the last few days. My advice...........don't get sky light windows in your roof! We've had trouble w/ them all along since the house was built. Woke up to drip, drip, drip on the bedroom window sill..........bah humbug!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my son was always doing repairs on peoples sky lights and mostly because the flashing was not done right and they did not use the seal tape on the windows .The flashing and seal tape are the most important part of the window .They would use tar or roof sealer and that is not made for sky lights ..He saw a lot of them that the bottoms and tops were not installed right and that they did not seal the nails or screws either that held the flashing in place against the roof .Like he says they do not read the instructions for installation

Ask a Question