addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful pictures tmann! they are such a treat to watch. Innovative on getting to that food!.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing mine too! she sits in the sun room window watching them.............. Totally entertained. With the way our feeders are hung they are just slightly above eye level for her.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
natural babysitters! how cool, mainly squirrels, rabbits and deer here. Raccoons, have not seen in a while, only have seen one chipmuck since we moved here.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ahhhhhhhhh, those are good pics tmann. What the heck is he doing in the 2nd to the last picture on the ice............getting a drink or trying to bury something in the water?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Addy, is that the night bloomer you got from me? If so that's the Rosa de la Noche. I couldn't remember which one I sent you that or the Mrs. Emily Grant Hutchings. My Texas shell pink just bloomed this weekend but I'm still crossing my fingers that I'll get at least one Red flare before the season ends.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, is that the night bloomer you got from me? If so that's the Rosa de la Noche. I couldn't remember which one I sent you that or the Mrs. Emily Grant Hutchings. My Texas shell pink just bloomed this weekend but I'm still crossing my fingers that I'll get at least one Red flare before the season ends.

Yes the one you sent me, sending up one or two blooms every other day or so. They just started opening at night tonight.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Think this is mini spearwort...............it just bloomed really pretty!

DSC02274.JPG

DSC02273.JPG

DSC02278.JPG

My little one wanted to catch that butterfly

DSC02279.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very pretty flowers addy and I don't think the pup got the butterfly I hope anyways ;)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very pretty flowers addy and I don't think the pup got the butterfly I hope anyways ;)

She is not that fast jw, but it sure caught her attention. The water hawthorn, you sent, is right near that pink lily bloom, it sure is sending up leaves. Will be fun to watch it grow and bloom. It will head for the big pond when we start freezing up. The deck pond is too shallow it will freeze solid.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My cats try to catch them but they only seem to be able to catch the little white moths. Glad to hear the Hawthorne is doing good for you. Mine too is sending up lots of new leaves. Not pushing for cooler weather here but yes it will be nice to see it bloom and make babies. How deep are you planning on putting yours down into the pond? Mines at about 18" sitting on a pond shelf. I guess it should be safe there cuz it does not freeze down that low.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My cats try to catch them but they only seem to be able to catch the little white moths. Glad to hear the Hawthorne is doing good for you. Mine too is sending up lots of new leaves. Not pushing for cooler weather here but yes it will be nice to see it bloom and make babies. How deep are you planning on putting yours down into the pond? Mines at about 18" sitting on a pond shelf. I guess it should be safe there cuz it does not freeze down that low.

About the same 18 inches or so, we froze down to 8 inches last year, the lilies were at about 2 feet and did fine. I want to leave the deep area totally open for the fish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
The one group of tulips have just stopped blooming and two other groups are starting..........and sorry mrsclem, no clue why but the deer are ignoring them so far. Even have some out by the road they like to walk down.
Addy, what is the ground cover on the third picture? I've seen it before, and pulled it thinking it was a weed, as I had not planted it! Looks like it grows well. Can you give me a name for it? Thanks! BTW, too hot to be outside, so surfing the GPF old chats. :razz:

Ask a Question