Start to finish

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You better have a welded steel subframe with casters rated for the load or it will be a waste of your time and money. The surface that you plan on rolling it over must be fairly smooth and level as well.

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with DrDave.............In fact I really don't see how wheels are a possibilty. My pond would have a weight of roughly 4 ton's. To be able to put that on wheels you would need a steel subframe as well as a lot of wheels that would be in accessable after the fact, not to mention pushing ton's of water around would be incredibly difficult..............Just my 2 cents.

Rick

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Casters for 4 tons are over $200.00 each for cheap ones. Oh! and your slab better be over 4" thick to support the 1 square inch of wheel in contact with it carrying over 2000 lbs.

sequoiafish

The wierder the better
Reaction score
Well Ill just have to forget about a rolling pond and instead find a different way to move the pond, but a pond I figure is meant to be a permanent feature of any property.;)

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
How is making it mobile going to cause it to being permanent? Permanent is a hole in the ground with concrete or block. A liner could be considered mobile since it can be re-used.

If you want a rolling pond, buy a commercially made HD plastic tub with wheels made to transport dense materials. You might be able to find one that will hold a few hundred gallons.

Reaction score
Great job on the craftmanship of the pond. LOOKS are important!!!!
I too started with aquariums and now the pond bug has got me.
My wife called me obsessed the other day.

Ask a Question