sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I usually put a lb and sometimes less it depends on the bag but the ones i get are pretty big .I have even used finch soaks with the draw string as walmart has them for 3 dollars for 4 of them .I like the green laundry bags better ,they also have a drawstring

Reaction score
Hmmmm I usually bring up the page and copy and paste it where I want it to be. If you would rather keep it private, you could email me the link
(e-mail address removed) I am so out of my element w FB. I got on it because I teach beading @ Michaels and we have a teachers closed group to learn info. needed for classes.

CyndiMO :goldfish:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I will work on that later cause I have to run for a while, but I did start a thread here under ponds in Canada, under garden photography, and you can see all my daily pictures that I take of the pond and monitor my ponds on a daily basis from there. I report daily updates there with pictures and plants, shot that day, that hour. I'm working on video uploading,..

On Facebook my page is open, but you can friend me too, look for colleen Pennington, from Medicine Hat AB, Canada. Facebook, people are busy with everything, so I post more pond pictures here now, but there is video on facebook. My face book profile picture of my face was shot in Yellow, so I would stand out and I'm wearing dark sunglasses too. :)

Reaction score
ok i added a smallbale of barley and put it in front of the net to the skimmer. the packaging on the barley said to remove after it sinks, any other advice on the barley?

i have also put back the batting in the skimmer where i removed the green bristle thing - does anyone use that? i dont see the point?

also added a pound of carbon into the bottom of the waterfall where the water intake is.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hope the small barley bale is enough to darken the water, let me know. Sissy recommend removing and cleaning the plants, I don't know how big the plants are, or how long they have been there, cause if they are starting to get established I don't like to disturb them unless you feel it is necessary. Some updated pictures would help and I would enjoy looking at them too, even with green water, I'll get a better idea of the situation. Got to run to work this morning, talk to you later :)

Reaction score
ok here is an update i have the batting in and the barley and now i can see mroe clearly at the bottom, i switch out the batting everyday but now it seems that its not so algae covered and now in the skimmer net i am getting some clumps of bright green algae and some hair algae, is this the algae dying off? i also still have the uv light running.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I hose off the batting and soak it in peroxide and then put it back in the filter the peroxide will help also at killing the algae .I keep 2 pieces of quilt batting as I clean and soak one i put the other clean one in the pond and just keep switching them out .I have no uv and my pond is in full sun .

Reaction score
update ok i think i got it as clear as it is ever going to get, let me know what you guys think of the pics attached and this was taken with a cell phone camera.

do you guys think it can get any clearer?

Attachments

• IMAG0638.jpg
    IMAG0638.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMAG0639.jpg
    IMAG0639.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 211
Reaction score
Well, since I have green pea soup in my pond and you see the bottom of yours, I think you DONE GOOD! :razz: Tomorrow I work on my filter, cleaning it and making it a little more easier to clean the filter medium in the future. I certainly would be very happy if my water were as clear. :goldfish:

Ask a Question