sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love treasures I find and sucj a surprise when I get them dirt cheap .I smile and dance the happy dance

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I have a sun room on the back off my house similar to yours . I fill it up with plants during the winter and move them out in the spring .
I'm out there more in the winter when I can control the temperature .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have always wanted one but put 2 decks on the back of the house and only place is small area off living room .IUt would be great with the milder winters here but summer would cook all morning but sun leaves the back about 1 pm and trees block early morning sun
100_5566.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The number is 9805 4586 8345 FAT CHANCE! :p
Hmmm it didn't work??? :inpain::grumpy::shifty::bored:
"I wish I had a sunroom" If we are making wishes I want a conservatory and staff to take care of it
I'm with you. I was googling images for ideas and man those conservatories filled with stained glass and plants everywhere.... I want!!
I have a sun room on the back off my house similar to yours . I fill it up with plants during the winter and move them out in the spring .
I'm out there more in the winter when I can control the temperature .
DrCase do you just have a space heater out there? I thought I might look at the small fake fireplace heaters.
I have always wanted one but put 2 decks on the back of the house and only place is small area off living room .IUt would be great with the milder winters here but summer would cook all morning but sun leaves the back about 1 pm and trees block early morning sun
Sissy your decks are gorgeous! My sunroom gets pretty hot in the summer but I can open all the windows and turn the fan on and it will cool down pretty quickly. I think I need to check out @callingcolleen1 and her little room, she has one near her pond doesn't she?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a sun room, but it is part of the house. 33 feet of windows facing south. Warms our house right up in the winter, in the summer we drop insulated blinds as the sun moves around.
I have a lot of plants that stay in the house, I don't want them outside then drag in the darn ants and bugs into our house for the winter.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We have a sun room, but it is part of the house. 33 feet of windows facing south. Warms our house right up in the winter, in the summer we drop insulated blinds as the sun moves around.
I have a lot of plants that stay in the house, I don't want them outside then drag in the darn ants and bugs into our house for the winter.
I am jealous! This is a pre-fab addition they added off the back of the living room. I've considered tearing it down since it limits the amount of light I get in my living room. It is such an awkward space but if I could just figure out how to use it, I think it could be lovely. I am definitely going to fill it with plants, and I think fairy lights and a comfy chair. The couch is way to big in space but I want something comfy to curl up in and read in the winter...
Oh well, half the fun is in the planning and searching so I will do just that.

Ask a Question