Teeny Tiny Puncture >.< Best way to address?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Well, today, it happened. We were working on doing some tamping on our rock ledge and got a little bit overzealous and caught a bad corner =/ The good news is the hole is super tiny -- we are talking smaller than a pinhead. It will end up being on the horizontal part of the rock ledge and covered with rocks a couple of inches below water level. So, if there HAD to be a puncture, I guess this is the best place for one, lol.

Sooooo, any opinions on the best way to fix? I have a Beckett patch kit, and I also have the PL Roofing & Flashing stuff, plus some 45 mil liner scraps. I know which one of the two methods is easiest (patch kit) but will it last? Any site prep tips like best ways to clean the liner and such? I'm working with 45 mil EPDM.

*sigh* My shiny new liner is no longer shiny and new.....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If it were mine and did not feel like getting the gold stuff which works aquarium sealant works too (fish store)

I would rough up the liner right over the hole with some sand paper, clean it with acetone, do the same with a tiny piece of liner, smear some pl on the pond liner stick the cut piece of liner on it smash it down, let it dry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
If it were mine and did not feel like getting the gold stuff which works aquarium sealant works too (fish store)

I would rough up the liner right over the hole with some sand paper, clean it with acetone, do the same with a tiny piece of liner, smear some pl on the pond liner stick the cut piece of liner on it smash it down, let it dry.
addy fish tank sealant and gold are two totally differing sealants one works underwater the other doesnt , if michey's pond is already full it would be his best bet because it is made especially to do the job .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
addy fish tank sealant and gold are two totally differing sealants one works underwater the other doesnt , if michey's pond is already full it would be his best bet because it is made especially to do the job .

You are correct, Dave, my pond is filled with water, but as of now, the hole is above the water level. Once complete, it will be under water but while we work on the edges, it's down a few inches. It is great to know there is something that works underwater, though! I'll be filing that away for future reference (but hopefully won't ever need it, lol)

That sounds totally doable, actually! Not quite as speedy as the patch, but still accomplishable one night after work this week. Now, if only the storms would wait until AFTER i'm done to finish filling my pond!

Thank you both!

Ask a Question