THE SADDEST PART OF THE PONDING YEAR

Reaction score
Becky said:
Sounds like there is quite a variety so I guess a general indoor section would be best. I'll get this added tomorrow :)
Thanks. That seems like a good idea. I just checked out freshwaterforum or whatever it is called exactly and there are 101 members. Basically no traffic at all. I wouldnt even bother signing up there but if this page can develop a good indoor tanks section, I would be more likely to come here for that more often rather than another site that I use for tank questions and fish illnesses. One thing I will say is that the other site definately has a much stronger moderator team set up, who have a lot of knowledge when it comes to fish. The site has standards on things like recommended gallons per fish, tank filtration turnover rate, and other things that all the mods stick together on. When someone posts about a sick fish, the moderator team jumps in to help with expert advice on treatments etc. Much more organized and more of an "authority" on the topic. This is more of a site where opinions abound and that is fine too.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
dieselplower said:
Thanks. That seems like a good idea. I just checked out freshwaterforum or whatever it is called exactly and there are 101 members. Basically no traffic at all. I wouldnt even bother signing up there but if this page can develop a good indoor tanks section, I would be more likely to come here for that more often rather than another site that I use for tank questions and fish illnesses. One thing I will say is that the other site definately has a much stronger moderator team set up, who have a lot of knowledge when it comes to fish. The site has standards on things like recommended gallons per fish, tank filtration turnover rate, and other things that all the mods stick together on. When someone posts about a sick fish, the moderator team jumps in to help with expert advice on treatments etc. Much more organized and more of an "authority" on the topic. This is more of a site where opinions abound and that is fine too.
I just checked out a few pages on the freshwaterforum, just 1-3 threads on some of the topics? We might as well post a call out and have those guys come over here!

I don't know how many members we have, but I think we have more spammers here from India than they do members over there! We should tell the Indian spammers to go over there and double their membership!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Checked it out just now. Very few posts in the past six months or so, nothing like GPS!
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The freshwater forum was set up at the request of members on Living Reefs, but unfortunately it has not seen much activity! Bit of a shame really.

We are adding the new forum section here now :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Becky said:
The freshwater forum was set up at the request of members on Living Reefs, but unfortunately it has not seen much activity! Bit of a shame really.

We are adding the new forum section here now :)
Again, thanks! When I started this topic, it was only as a lament to the fact that activity on GPF slows down so much during the cold months. Don't recall who first brought it up, but I thought the idea of the sub-forum was a good one -- time will tell...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Only a couple betta fish here. But I have been thinking of getting an indoor tank.

Ask a Question