THE SADDEST PART OF THE PONDING YEAR

Reaction score
Oh man you guys are inciting my rage. I am a loss prevention executive for a large retailer. Too low on the ladder to make any rules, but high enough up to get screwed by all of them. This year a lot of retailers are opening at 8PM on Thanksgiving. I usually travel from MI to IL to spend the day at a large extended family party. This year it will be more time driving there and back then enjoying the day. Mom is not happy!

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
dieselplower said:
Oh man you guys are inciting my rage. I am a loss prevention executive for a large retailer. Too low on the ladder to make any rules, but high enough up to get screwed by all of them. This year a lot of retailers are opening at 8PM on Thanksgiving. I usually travel from MI to IL to spend the day at a large extended family party. This year it will be more time driving there and back then enjoying the day. Mom is not happy!
Totally understand! I am guilty of putting the tree up before Thanksgiving but I refuse to shop anywhere that forces employees to work on Thanksgiving. My Wife always cooks and family eats at our house and already this year I have certain family members trying to duck out early to go shopping. I'm putting my foot down though, It is called Thanksgiving DINNER! not lunch..

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I thought you were a diesel plower?!?!

But T'giving at 8pm? Shouldn't everyone be gorged with food and alcohol and on the couch watching TV at that time? Who wants to go out and shop on Thanksgiving night?
dieselplower said:

Reaction score
JohnHuff said:
I thought you were a diesel plower?!?!

But T'giving at 8pm? Shouldn't everyone be gorged with food and alcohol and on the couch watching TV at that time? Who wants to go out and shop on Thanksgiving night?
Yes Dr John, I also own a landscape management, snowplowing business.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
JohnHuff said:
Becky has written back. Apparently they own a freshwater forum, but I don't want to go there. I want a subforum here because I like the community here and I don't want to go somewhere else.
Did she give you the name of the forum? Perhaps we could have a link, like with the gardening forum. I found a local site started by our Aquarium Society, but it is DEAD! Every week or so, someone posts a question, gets about 20 or 30 hits, but no replies. I'm afraid if I try to liven it up a bit, they'll ban me for life, like that pond site!
John

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
OK, can I start the aquarium topic? These are 2 of my babies from this year. They were the smallest of 4, so am letting them spend the winter indoors. Guessing at least one of my Shubies is a parent. The smaller one (second pic) has a fan-tail, but reminds me of the Watonai. It looks like it has some yellow color mixed in. The bigger one (first pic) is white (actually, it's more like colorless) with speckles -- like it's been sprinkled with pepper. The more it grows, the nicer & longer the fins look! Sorry that none of the pics is in good focus.

Anyway, I want to know how people are able to get good photos of their fish! These were taken with my iPhone, so there are limitations there..... But the fish wouldn't swim still long enough for me to focus and shoot. Any other time, I swear they POSE -- but show up with a camera....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 220

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
HARO said:
Did she give you the name of the forum? Perhaps we could have a link, like with the gardening forum. I found a local site started by our Aquarium Society, but it is DEAD! Every week or so, someone posts a question, gets about 20 or 30 hits, but no replies. I'm afraid if I try to liven it up a bit, they'll ban me for life, like that pond site!
John
They also own these:

http://www.livingreefs.com
http://www.freshwaterforums.com

But I'm not going there. I'm already on too many forums and I like the community here. I'm just going to post my tank threads to the koi and fish subforum here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Like JohnHuff has posted, we do run a couple of aquarium sites already so I was hesitant to add a sub-forum here, however if it is something you all want then I'm happy to add it :) How many people here have an aquarium? And what kind of sub-forum do you want - just a general section for 'indoor fish'?

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
I have 3 aquariums in the house. One 30 gal. for a large fancy goldfish, one 50 gal. tropical tank with a couple glofish and a large pleco, and a small 5 gal. tank for some of babies from the pond.

Ask a Question