sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Believe it or not I thought I got all the eggs ,NO .I have tadpoles in the lily pond and in the pond also .I have caught some of them and took them over to Marty's pond and still see more I can't get hold of.I feel sorry for you jimmy because I know the smell and will never forget it .The are also swimming around in my stock tank filters YUCK Fogs and toads do the same thing lay eggs over and over again .Here I take eggs a tads away all summer they are breeders

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Funny but my pond doesn't have an over population of frogs problem is suppose cause my fish eat the eggs... not that I have ever seen frog eggs... lotsa snail eggs in the bog but not frog eggs.

My one and only koi has just passed a foot long now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
i only logged on this site on account of sissy ..

i looked and saw some remarks .. SISSY ..

im here in the Hard Scrabble ,\above the Cumberland , ,, Indian creek

i am old and tired .. i look around my property and .. its just horrible so much to do ,, so little energy ..

i just try not to look at the ,, crap .. just look at the pleasant stuff .. the good beds ..

just today i was looking at a bed , +look at the bed+ wild iris .. i have there , i found them while walking dog some years ago ,,, on the verge of the highway right of way , struggling . quite against the law , i dug them , and put them in a bed ... they love it there .. quite small , the leaf up 3 inch , wonderful blue wild iris blooming ..
such a pretty display ..
i promise i will go out tomorrow and do a picture . to share .............wild Tennessee Iris ..........\

such a nice display those wild iris have put on ,,, this year

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never understood my frog invasion since there are lots of creeks around me and lots of little pools of them where water just sits there in the wooded areas .It has become harder every year to keep up with this property and the pond and the house .Today I have to install the new above range microwave and will not be easy since it weighs 63 lbs .This is number 3 for me .I will never buy another one from sears .They won't even back the extended warranty on the one I have to take down .Upright freezer is being donated and got a small chest freezer cheap from sears and hated buying it there but only place here that sells the 3.2 cubic foot one .Got it on
101_0148.JPG
101_0150.JPG
sale and had points so got it for 99 dollars .Seems owning a house and land is a nightmare not a dream

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never understood my frog invasion since there are lots of creeks around me and lots of little pools of them where water just sits there in the wooded areas .It has become harder every year to keep up with this property and the pond and the house .Today I have to install the new above range microwave and will not be easy since it weighs 63 lbs .This is number 3 for me .I will never buy another one from sears .They won't even back the extended warranty on the one I have to take down .Upright freezer is being donated and got a small chest freezer cheap from sears and hated buying it there but only place here that sells the 3.2 cubic foot one .Got it on View attachment 98761 View attachment 98762 sale and had points so got it for 99 dollars .Seems owning a house and land is a nightmare not a dream
Sissy it's just part of getting older..... I am putting in a new sand filter for our pool today.... Do I like the pool.... No, do I use the pool.....No haven't been in it in 20 years.... But I am the quote "Pool Boy".... About 12 years ago I had Sarah talked into filling in the pool and then building a pond .... Then grandkids started sprouting out..... Love me some grandbabies, but my ideal of getting rid of the pool went away too..... So now I am the pool /pond boy/yard work /vegetable garden boy..... But those 50 LB bags of filter sand don't get any lighter either....lol Jimmy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
same here and sure glad I never had a pool .This is enough work for me .I just put the smelly fish fertilizer on my lawn .Sprayer never gets lighter .I have about 2 1/2 acres of lawn and the rest is woods .The stuff is great but neighbors are not thrilled about the smell OH WELL .Treated the sick fish from a pond people left neglected and realtor told them about me so they brought them by today .The new owners left with some good info and I told them tuesday I will stop by and look at it for them and they left with a list of things to buy to get the pond up and working again .My second great grandbaby is on the way in a couple of months .Makes me feel old :)looks like rain now

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_6235.JPG
.Just to let you know..... Made it through the Toad frog breeding season..... Have hundreds of little Toad's hopping around the garden.... I rescued over 50 from my skimmer..... What can I say I am a Right to Life kinda guy..... But now I have a whole new set of tadpoles..... They were tiny when they hatched and are still small and growing legs so I hope these are tree frogs, we have always had a lot of tree frogs and I love them because they sing pretty much all summer long., Jimmy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I caught 2 frogs last night and glad you survived toad breeding I have several tree frogs here also only hear them and never see them .Toads I heard can hug a fish to death

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I caught 2 frogs last night and glad you survived toad breeding I have several tree frogs here also only hear them and never see them .Toads I heard can hug a fish to death
Doubt they could hug Donald, Hillary, or Miss Piggy.....or the others, all the fish that I bought from Liberty High School are growing exponentially.... And I..... Yes I did..... Paid a God awful price for one little 4" fish..at one of those trendy places that specializes in Koi ponds ,I am ashamed to say how I paid for it..... So I won't....But like the others it is growing like crazy. . I have two spawns and 10 baby's about an inch long..... They are the survivors..... They are smart.... A week ago I had hundreds of little 1/4" fry..... The last three days I can't find any of them, so I think the big Koi have discovered a taste for baby Koi..... So my first spring as a ponder has gone well.... Got past my stupid time..... I have good stable water, 7 Koi that are healthy and doing well..... Plants growing everywhere..... 10 plus babies that I will give to someone..... And as bad as the Toad egg laying was I kinda get a kick out of watching all these little Toad's hopping around the garden.... Lol Jimmy

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
After last nights thunderstorm that was really bad I caught 2 more frogs ,so have to take them over to one of the farm ponds .Still raining out and dreary looking but 58 degrees

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Even with it cooler here they have been noisy ,what the heck is going on this year ,animals are just noisier and see more of them Marty said you would think he is raising turkey since they are all over his fields

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Even with it cooler here they have been noisy ,what the heck is going on this year ,animals are just noisier and see more of them Marty said you would think he is raising turkey since they are all over his fields
Love is in the air..... Lol

Ask a Question