addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow Addy your pond is going to be beautiful! You go girl on that tractor :)
Thanks, it is actually done except for tweaking lol the tractor does hauling and plant digging now, well honey wants another pond put in, might, might not lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Ok, so you got to fill me in on how you set this up when you have some time.

I would like to do this for several reasons. I am in IT so I can pretty much navigate how on the PC to maybe set this up, but when it comes to AV stuff, I am lost in the sauce.

Did you buy your camera from an AV store or Costco or Sam's, aka WalMart? What kind did you get? How did you connect it to the DVR or is it wireless?

Hook me up!! LOL

I can't see the broadcast from my office however, firewall has blocked that port.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The camera set up we bought from costco. Q-see, quite often they offer some good package prices on line discount. The cameras are hard wired to the dvr, we have three 100 foot lines running down pvc to the pond to feed the cameras. We just drilled holes through the wall to feed the lines into the dvr.

We do have a wireless one, it works ok, but the update feed is slow enough to be bothersome.

The av set up is easy, if you can read their manual and follow simple instructions you will get through it. The biggest issue I had was setting up the dns server, comcast started changing my ip addy constantly, once I set up the camera, more traffic lol With the dns set up they can change the ip all they want without affecting the ability to get on the system.

Get the highest resolution cameras you can afford, you won't regret it. We have one ptz camera, love it! being able to move it around the yard and focus on what you want to see and follow. I spent hours following the heron around the yard waiting to see if it could get into the pond.

When you check into them, read up on what you can do over the net. We had one that we took back, not enough control from a distance and hard for others to use.

Any ??'s ask I will do my best to help.

Ask a Question