addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I changed dvr's to keep it clean, posting a new thread.

To get on line:

Type in http://76.106.29.197:85

When you first connect to the DVR via Internet Explorer –over the Internet – you will be prompted to download a webcam program to access the cameras with the following message in the information bar at the top of the page:
This website wants to install the following add-on: ‘WebClient.cab’ from ‘Digital Peripheral Solutions Ltd.’...”
Click on the bar to accept this file and upon completion of the download you will be presented with a login window.

user id's no password
gpf
gpf1
gpf2
gpf3
gpf4
gpf5
gpf6
gpf7

PTZ Control
Selecting the PTZ button will bring up a control panel similar to that seen on the DVR. Users have the same level of control as they would at the DVR including activating pre-set commands and cruises as well as full manual control.

Snap95.jpg

If you need to set up your computer to accept the webclient you can try the following:

SETTING UP ACTIVEX CONTROL
STEP 1. Open Internet Explorer
STEP 2. Click on Tools
STEP 3. Select Internet Options in the pull-down menu
STEP 4. Click on the Security Tab
STEP 5. Select Trusted Sites
STEP 6. Click on the Sites button
STEP 7. Uncheck the “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone” button.
STEP 8. Type the DVR’s IP address ...................76.106.29.197
“Add this website to the zone:” box.
STEP 9. Click the Add button
STEP 10. Close the window.
STEP 11. Click the Custom level… button.
STEP 12. Pull down the “Reset to:” menu button and select Low
STEP 13. Click the Reset button
STEP 14. Click “Yes” when asked, “Are you sure you want to change the setting for this zone?”
STEP 15. Click OK
STEP 16. Click Apply
STEP 17. Click OK
STEP 18. Close Internet Explorer

USER ACCOUNT CONTROL FOR WINDOWS VISTA AND WINDOWS 7
Some users of computers using Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems may receive an error message informing of a codec that is missing or not installed. This conflict can be resolved by turning off User Account Control (UAC).

Windows Vista
1. Open the Control Panel (accessible by clicking on the Windows icon in the lower left of your screen.
2. Select User Accounts and Family Safety.
3. Select “Add or Remove User Account.”
4. Select the desired user account.
5. Select Turn User Account Control on or off
6. Uncheck the box next to “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer.”
7. You will then be asked to restart your computer for the change to take effect

Windows 7
1. Open up the Start Menu (accessible by clicking on the Windows icon in the lower left of your screen.
2. Type “uac” into the search bar and hit ENTER. The User Account Control will open or you will be offered a link to click to open it.
3. Move slider to lowest setting and press ok

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi Addy, It works. I was able to log in.

Thanks for checking,
This dvr is a little more user friendly. I think the video card is better, the colors look a lot better, less bleed. I know the cameras are higher resolution. Still messing with a better camera to see the fish. Hard because of reflection etc. Need to find a wide angle one for the pond. The night vision is better, the fish turn white with glowing eyes.

I absolutely love it, we set up a 32 inch lcd, mounted it on the wall. If I am not outside I can just glance at the birds, fish, deer ..............lol
I have motion detection set up, for deer, herons (never have seen one on the ground yet) sends me an alert.

We are working on getting some audio feed, then I can listen to the birds and frogs, well you could too.
This one supports two way feed, i.e. you cometkeith, could talk to me via the dvr, if we set it up that way.

We have great windows, but need to be looking out to see the pond with the slope, but with the slope we can see the fish all of the time. I am moving some grasses that hide the edge. As things grow, figuring out what needs to be relocated lmao.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm there also and all looks fine and pictures much clearer. Guess the hummers are done for the year? Anyways love looking at your pond and birdies now. Waiting for the squirrel to show up, lol! Wow, just read you might get audio................that would be soooooooo cool too!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm there also and all looks fine and pictures much clearer. Guess the hummers are done for the year? Anyways love looking at your pond and birdies now. Waiting for the squirrel to show up, lol! Wow, just read you might get audio................that would be soooooooo cool too!
nah the hummers are there, just messing with that camera feed right now. I will be pulling their food in about two weeks so they migrate.
It would be like one of those soothing programs you run to make you sleep, frogs, birds, wind, thunder, all dependent on the day...........lol
I better watch what I say if I stub my toe!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I forgot to mention, if you right click the screen you can change from 4 to one picture, or change the one picture you are looking at. The ptz controls are at there also.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well with mine all I get is a blue page that says webcam and nothing else on the whole page

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ok think I know why I use a commercial security network that locks out activex and I use vista but it does not let me go there just gives a warning and then stops the application from loading listing it as a danger and cannot bypass it

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
are you using internet explorer? It does not work with firefox. Also need to do the changes listed above. when you first login look for that bar, at top or bottom of the screen you need to accept the adding on of the active x .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
did you do this? I don't have vista

Windows Vista
1. Open the Control Panel (accessible by clicking on the Windows icon in the lower left of your screen.
2. Select User Accounts and Family Safety.
3. Select “Add or Remove User Account.”
4. Select the desired user account.
5. Select Turn User Account Control on or off
6. Uncheck the box next to “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer.”
7. You will then be asked to restart your computer for the change to take effect

we just shut down for the night, still have some issues to fix ............

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing...............think it can climb our hills over rocks plants, swim with the fishes............lmao.

Neat looking machine, only...............249

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yeah I am looking for a more robust outdoor one but haven't found any yet.

What is the difference between master and sub stream. Master seems to be a faster pic if that makes sense.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Supports dual stream. Network stream is adjustable independently to fit the network bandwidth and environment.

Substream Tab
The substream is the data that is sent to remote monitoring devices. Due to bandwidth concerns, these data streams are generally smaller than those sent directly to the DVR itself. These streams run in parallel with the main stream sent to the hard drive and they do not affect each other.

The above is all the information i could find in the document. I have the sub stream set up to transmit the max bitrate
Looking at it via our lan, I can not select one or the other.

Ask a Question