water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have four cameras set up,

#1 is a close up of the fish pond, the view depends on the time of day, reflection is an issue and the fish come and go from the view. It is close to the bog water fall, very top of picture. The depth is about 5 feet here. We are thinking of putting a dome camera over the pond, but first need to build the support etc. So that is a later thing to do.
this is also a night view camera, the fish eyes glow at night lol.

#2 is the ptz camera, the view will change off and on depending on what I am watching lol

#3 is a over view of the yard and pond a static camera, I catch the deer walking in from our field on their way to the apple tree

#4 is our hummingbird cam, they have been so much fun to watch. They will be moving on soon as it is cooling slowly here. We get from 5-10 doing air battles at a time.

internet explorer (only), open a browser window

go to tools ...
.........open internet options
.........go to security
.........click custom level
.........put prompt for download active x controls signed unsigned
.........put prompt for initialize and script activex

this will let the active x needed for the cameras to load. I think afterwards can reset back to the way you have it.

After you do the above:

go to a new window ie only

type http://76.106.29.197

you will see a prompt to use a activex (possibly if so say yes)

should get a log in screen that says zmodo

User is gpf
no password

It is view only, but you can click on one picture to see one at a time or on the right hand side you can click to see four at once.

We have a great time just watching when we are not outside, we have set up a flat screen that is always on for the pond. With the remote I can pick which camera I want to see or see all four at once.

Enjoy

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice Addy, are they humming birds coming to the feeder? the pond looks lovely btw.

Yep, they have been emptying the feeder every two days, that is about 3 cups. They leave here around september. In arizona we had them year round, they migrated to the hot........arizona and other places.

The pond either looks empty or over stocked depends on the time of day and what those fishes decide to do lol. With the reflection sometimes it is hard to see in it also.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Addy what version of IE are you running. I am running IE9 and had to click on the compatibility view to get the login screen to come up. It is the button at the top of the page to the right of the web address bar to the left of the refresh button. Looks like a piece of paper that is torn in half.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm watching the hummingbirds right now and there are a bunch of them. One flies in and then another and another and then the battle begins, whoa they are feisty little buggers!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy what version of IE are you running. I am running IE9 and had to click on the compatibility view to get the login screen to come up. It is the button at the top of the page to the right of the web address bar to the left of the refresh button. Looks like a piece of paper that is torn in half.

thanks tmann

I have ie 8 running, on my pc, don't use it, so it has not updated in a while, did not set the compatibility on his,it must have already been checked.

Just checked my husbands computer, it is the one i have been using to see the dvr, compatibility view is checked, missed that, sorry. He has ie 8 also.

So under tools click compatibility view, you can also click compatibility view settings and add the ip address so you don't need to redo.

Thanks

so anybody with ie needs to click on compatibility view

thanks for the heads up tmann

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm watching the hummingbirds right now and there are a bunch of them. One flies in and then another and another and then the battle begins, whoa they are feisty little buggers!

lol jw they fight like crazy then settle down, one to a station, then start to fight again. Morning and evening seem to be their biggest feisty time.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oops my mistake I am running IE 8 just checked. I think I have 9 on my laptop.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh no it's gong to get dark soon and will have to wait to see more of them tomorrow. Fish eyes will be glowing soon in the dark and bats doing fly by's, lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh no it's gong to get dark soon and will have to wait to see more of them tomorrow. Fish eyes will be glowing soon in the dark and bats doing fly by's, lol!

yep the one camera just went to night vision, the ptz is night, but not a good distance, the others are day only. Still tweaking to get the best out of them, called a learning curve. My first time setting up a dvr security system with net access lol. Using the brain to keep the dementia away!

Camera #3 is a dome camera, probably has the best picture, that is the one we are thinking of hanging over the pond, once we get a strong frame work built, would hate to have it hit the water.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lots of bugs or bats flying around. See a fish swim by once in awhile in the dark. Sometimes their eyes glow.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
those little birds are a real treat, love watching them. We have cables strung across the ceiling to view the feeder, the camera hung on a wire, lol They will be moving on soon.

Ask a Question