too much air?

Reaction score
im not sure if there is such a thing as too much air, but i might have found it,. New air pump, pumping 2900 cu in/min currently have 5 variuos types of airstones going. Not sure how much the fish like the raging waters since it was completly calm for the last 2 weeks with no air pump.

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Reaction score
ah, you have one of them plastic manifolds with no little spigots. Well, those are practically useless. You need to buy one of them little manifolds. I am assuming you've got a 3/4 outlet on your pump to start, so this is the one you need to buy:

http://wonbrothers.us/air-pumps/12-outlet-18-outlet-distribution-manifold.html

You can close each little individual spigot or open it just as much as you want. This way you can control all your air distribution.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just remember when you throttle a air pump back your putting excessive back pressure on the pump.

Reaction score
good point. I always leave one of the little spigots open as a relief valve. Of course, it is always best to buy a pump with the right power for your needs.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
your fish will appreciate the water movement...buy the manifold and a 1" stone for the bottom of your filter.. alltho its looks like oxygen levels in the water isnt going to be an issue for you

Reaction score
I bought a pond master Ap-40 which is approx 40l/m so according to Dodad's table im right on the button for right amount.

The outlet is 5/8 so finding a manifold hasnt been easy. I figured if i did get one and restricted the air flow it would put added pressure back on the pump.

I guess i can use all 12 outlets and just use 12 air stones placed stregitcally around the perimeter and a few along the inside.

Reaction score
ya i removed one of the air lines leave one open, and it clamed it significantly, but where is the fun in that, i think i can get creative and use some flexible air tubing and get a nice row of bubbles across the pond, This was just the first day and using what i already had.

Ask a Question