sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sometimes they have the barbed fittings by the sump water line section also .A local plumbing supply is a good place to look .I even found the at Collie Equipment where I bought my zero turn lawn mower ,Who would have thought to look in a place where you buy lawn equipment .lol.Small hardware stores also .

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
They sell it for sure at Home Depot, that's where I got mine anyway. It's in the plumbing department and they're grey.

Reaction score
I have 3 Lowes and 4 Home Depots within 10 miles of me. I can get CPVC at one Lowes, but not others. Another Lowes carries PEX, others don't. One Lowes carries PEX connectors but not PEX tubing. Same deal with Home Depot. It has not been my experience that I could say these guys carried anything "for sure". Depends on the day you're there.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
sometimes they have the barbed fittings by the sump water line section also .A local plumbing supply is a good place to look .I even found the at Collie Equipment where I bought my zero turn lawn mower ,Who would have thought to look in a place where you buy lawn equipment .lol.Small hardware stores also .
You still have small hardware stores??? Ours went extinct fifteen or twenty years ago, when HD moved in! TSC is good for fittings, though.
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have some good small stores here, so far have survived hd and lowes. It helps being rural, not a ton of the box stores around.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Our nearest box stores are about 10 to 15 miles away so our small hardware store in our small town has survived and a lot of the time they have something that the big stores don't! They even give out free popcorn on the weekends,lol!

Reaction score
think i would just go for the popcorn!

but thanks for the advice guys. i actually found the barb fitting at homedepot and with my luck, the one i needs is out of stock!! i then bought a reducer and used a 3/4 nipple. I purchased a PVC clear braided tube with 1 inch ID and it works good, just look a bit funky.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
We have Harbor Freight stores over here and despite being rather small I like checking out their stuff. They often have funky things that big box stores don't have and sometimes their prices are way cheaper.

Reaction score
Don't get me started on that place. A lot of hit and miss on quality. I am assuming barbed fitting will be fine though. Kinda hard to mess up a fitting.

Reaction score
I like Harbor Freight too for what it is. I wouldn't buy my pacemaker there, but a lot of useful items too that I don't see other places. And the prices can be very good. Just got a bunch of welding magnets for $1 each. Great magnets.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have bought quite a bit of stuff there, clamps, work gloves, drill bits, my solar fountain pump and other stuff but never their tools.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh dear here we go again .boo boo's all around .Oh well a good morning laugh anyways . :razz:

Ask a Question