Val is going into hospital

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx again for your kindness's the latest update is Val is still in recovery and wont be on the ward for a while yet .
The ward sister said I should ring again at 18:00 GMT to see what is happening , what a wonderful lady she even said that they can make my visiting hours flexible i;e not to hospital rules :)

Dave:)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Dave, please continue to keep us posted!

(This has nothing to do with Val, but I love reading your posts because of the differences in our "English" languages as well as customs! Same with Becky, and all of you guys from the UK! It's fascinating how languages and customs develop.)

What is a "Ward Sister?"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
What is it you like about our english language , if I remember my history ours is the bastarized form of the language yours was taken from King James or so I believe and as such is the older language
Maria she's a sister in charge of thhe ward thats all :) next up from sister is matron a type of nurse to be feared by all
Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
NEWS FLASH . NEWS FLASH .......I've just been talking to he nurse in charge of Val's care in the HDU and the news is the operation went well ,with no complications and that Valwas groggy but awake :)
I asked if she would like me to visit but she's too tired tonight so I'm going up in the morning after getting a well earned rest myself :).
So its just me and the cats tonight :(

Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad to hear all went well :) I'm sure Val will be much better company tomorrow after having some time to rest.

I find that sometimes it's nice to have the house to just myself and the critters ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I dont do well on my own , to many years in the military surrounded by them so will do little jobs through the night reading the home fo Val .
I only average three and a half hours a night sleep so will spend the night listening to music uddling up with the cats between each little job ;)

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just got back and seen your posts Dave on Val and the good news of her surgery going well,YaY!
Hope she heals fast and gets to come home soon before you make too big of a mess
Val

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Really pleased to hear it all went well! Pass on our best wishes to her when you see her today, hope she has a speedy recovery :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
At the end of a busy day I can report that I saw Val on the HDU today and am happy to report she is doing fine,
When I arrived she was sat in a chair fast asleep but upon her awaking I could see she was well.
Everything has been sealed with superglue and there were 5 holes the surgeon had worked his magic through.
After I left I recieved a phone call that she has been moved to Crownhill ward which is a general ward.
She thanks everyone for their kindness's cards coming in from friends etc and hopes to be back home on Saturday.
In the mean time I'm working a bit at a time to get everything ready for her return home .
I'll let you know more after visiting her this afternoon again thank you all for you best wishes :)

Dave :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great to hear Dave! So glad she is doing well.

Reaction score
Dave,

Great to hear the positive outcome from the surgery. Completely with you both once again as it comes to the original purpose behind the surgery. I have known a couple of people who underwent this and it was just amazing how it changed their quality of life for the better. I wish the same for Val!

Gordy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Gordy this is to try keep her out of an electric wheel chair as well as help her loose weight . I had numerous text's from het today and she seems back to her usual chirpy self .
Am going in at 16:00 pm to see her and will give you all an update later :)

Dave;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great and best wishes to her and speedy recovery .I am happy to hear she is getting back to her old self :);)She will be home real fast I hope

Ask a Question