addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
May think they need to say that when they subscribe to the thread. It can be confusing to some.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
fishin4cars said:
What is with the subscribing to every post?

HMMMM.. or they may be doing it so they get email alerts whenever there is an update to the thread, essentially following it.:confused:

ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Ya taherrmann4, that is the point of subscribing.

Allow me to shed some light. It looks like these are new to GPF, but not to foruming. Ive been a member of multiple forums, and have noticed that on certain fansite- and RPG-type forums, people consider telling them you are subscribing some sort of courtesy or compliment. These guys just treat this forum the same. In my experience with online forums, anyway...

Or... maybe they just want enough posts to start new threads and post pictures... haha.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been watching it and what is going on .Seems it is on quite a few of the postings .I just ignored it

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Why'd ya ban him? Maybe he didn't mean any harm by it :lol:
Or did he do something else we didn't see?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ok need to ask since I redid my pond water lettuce is not doing so good ,what could have happened .I added back what pond water I could and added water from my well and took water to be tested and all is good or as good as could be expected .The water lettuce is turning brown and the bulb part is brown also .This is the first year to have them in there with the plant ring .I could not leave my bacteria build up like I wanted with the new liner but no choice fish had to go back in .Added bacteria to the filters .Had them running only 2 days and had to put fish back .Should I take the water lettuce and hycinths out .Lily's are doing good 4 of them

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I kept them over winter in my basement not much extra light except from the window .I always kept them in a small barrel I had and just rolled that into the basement at the end of the year .This is the first year in the pond though .What happened to them I have no clue .Still have the barrel maybe I should put them back now that the fish are out of there

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
j.w said:
Why'd ya ban him? Maybe he didn't mean any harm by it :lol:
Or did he do something else we didn't see?

He was banned for posting "subscribing" 10 times in a row after trying to sell an item on ebay and making that his 1st post. He had no intention in joining, introducing himself or participating in the forum.

He was also polled several times and did not respond.

This forum is not a platform for advertising your ebay and craigslist stuff unless you are a member in good standing. Then it needs to be stuff you are recycling, not a business with repeat items.

PM's are permitted and we have members here that are following those guidelines.

If this person really wants to be a member, he has an opportunity to PM me with a reasonable explanation and the ban can be lifted.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok did not know that other part about selling stuff :confused:
What does it mean.......being polled about what? or did you mean p.m'd?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy I'm thinking they need fertilizer cuz of the new liner and having to add fresh water not leaving enough pooh there din din :confused:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I tried some in fertilizer the kind for pond plants and the roots stated to get mushy

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sissy it may just take some time for them to get acclimated to the new water paramaters, mine took over 2 weeks for them to really get going and now they are just kicking some butt.

Tonight while eating dinner I have quite a few of thm outside the planter ring becuase I ran out of room, anyway it looked like the koi were playing soccer with one of the lettuce, they just would not leave the poor thing alone.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I will try to give it time then .When I was rebuilding it was so tempting to want to clean each rock off but I resisted and just kept them in barrels of water and anything else I could keep them in that kept them close by so I could put them back as I laid out the liner .Wanted to take pics of the rebuild but just no time to stop .I worked some nights until 3 in the morning with a spot light and security light on .Well I will wait and see .I had to take them out of the sun because they got worse .

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sissy just had an idea not sure if it would work, but have you ever heard of compost tea? Maybe you could make some up in a bucket and put your water lettuce in it as fertilizer? Just a thought.

Ask a Question