Water temp increasing.

Reaction score
The temp of my pond has gone up a lot over the last week today its 8.4C,tropical , its been hovering around 5-6C for ages and fish have stayed near the bottom. Today I've managed to have a good luck at them as there all around the top, there all looking very well apart from 1 fish that's had a mouth growth issue last year. After conversations with Dave 54 the prognosis wasn't gud........, but it seems to be ok the growth is still there but the fish seems to have grown as well, time will tell. Saying that all the fish seem to have grown even though they've not been fed for months ?? Could it be algae.....the wonder food

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The temp of my pond has gone up a lot over the last week today its 8.4C,tropical , its been hovering around 5-6C for ages and fish have stayed near the bottom. Today I've managed to have a good luck at them as there all around the top, there all looking very well apart from 1 fish that's had a mouth growth issue last year. After conversations with Dave 54 the prognosis wasn't gud........, but it seems to be ok the growth is still there but the fish seems to have grown as well, time will tell. Saying that all the fish seem to have grown even though they've not been fed for months ?? Could it be algae.....the wonder food

Algae is indeed the wonder food.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
That is indeed true Meyer it is a wonder food , willo is that the koi with the mouth issues your talking about there ?
If so hows it going has the growth gotten worse or about the sam as before ?

Dave

Reaction score
That is indeed true Meyer it is a wonder food , willo is that the koi with the mouth issues your talking about there ?
If so hows it going has the growth gotten worse or about the sam as before ?

Dave
Yes Dave still with us still got the lump/growth?? on its lip, its put on weight since we spoke last about it. Doesn't seem to be bothering it have to see what happens this year

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Our fish always show growth over winter - even in the sub-zero temps that we experience here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Dave still with us still got the lump/growth?? on its lip, its put on weight since we spoke last about it. Doesn't seem to be bothering it have to see what happens this year
I have a friend in Kent called Dave Beton who has a koi that had the cartlage in its mouth broken at some stage of its life which we wrote off as a fish that will slowly starve to death because of its effliction however all these years later Quazi as he became known as is still going strong so as I previously side providing it doesnt grow your fish will do fine if it started to grow then he would have trouble with eating and it would be kinder to put it to sleep .
Lisa this is a long standing grownth on the koi;s mouth .

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/could-this-be-carp-pox.15676/

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question