Watercress

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Heres a video i just made the watercress exploded over the last 5 weeks from my last video. We'll be ripping out water cress for at least an hour I'd imagine
love the clarity of water; good that the sun wasn't out either as it takes away some of the glare. A couple of ideas, though; be slower/easier with the zooming as it was a bit jarring. Too, when you pan/move, think like a snail. I mean, if you pan slower, making the sweep and rise/fall of the camera slower to transition, the focus/sharpness is maintained as well as the 'dizzying' effect is eliminated. Found this out the hard way when I attached my actioncam to my hockey helmet and watched the footage; mind boggling how the brain can take it all in without throwing up!

Didn't know you had a catfish!

And a lot of nice fish, I see! My underwater cam just crapped out on me, so I'm enjoying yours now!

You've got a great variety of textures which I really like!

Anyway, I really liked the 'walk about' and the lower/new angles of your pond; makes it seem newer, you know? Hope you don't take any offense re the suggestions, just giving you some feedback; I know from your still shots, you've got a very good eye for this!

[edit]; hope you FOUND your gps signal later!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No offense taken what so ever.
But some is asking for more then a cell phone can deliver. Its crazy how good the colors can be from a little cell phone. As my cameras are thousands of dollars to outmatch the cell phone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@bagsmom Here are a couple pics of the water cress. We don't have a pretty return for the bog to the pond, the liner shows. Actually algae grows on it and it doesn't look too bad. The watercress is slowly making it's way down the spillway....not t oo bad, since I started it from cuttings in our produce dept.

We'll probably get around to making the water return look better, but it isn't a high priority for us this year.....we don't lose water.......
6A5E5845-9910-4FBD-AFD7-B4ABB82B1CDE.jpeg
926188B9-EADE-4D1B-9937-2E9C79CAFA35.jpeg
the liner goes right into the pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Put some fabric over the liner and you'll get all kinds of different plants to grow there

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Gorgeous watercress @Tula ! The mats of roots when you pull it out of the water are absolutely amazing! What a great filtering plant!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Gorgeous watercress @Tula ! The mats of roots when you pull it out of the water are absolutely amazing! What a great filtering plant!
That's good to know! I'm learning I prefer finer roots, as opposed to taros. The water cress is doing well as are forget me nots.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
those roots can stop or divert a waterfall with little notice
The roots completely stopped the log waterfall there's a stone dam above it in the upper pond and the roots stopped all flow. But that is why there are two falls so if one clogged there was a second overflow

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup. I've pulled out mats that were 4 feet by 4 feet, solid roots. Quite impressive actually. And the amount of dirt they hold is amazing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Yup. I've pulled out mats that were 4 feet by 4 feet, solid roots. Quite impressive actually. And the amount of dirt they hold is amazing.
When you pull that amount of plant material from the bog, does it take a fair amount of gravel along with it? Will it still come back the following year or does pulling that amount of roots, eradicate it from your bog ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The answer is some times yes some times no in a new bog it probably removes it from the bog in a established bog that has runners sent out in every direction , then probably not. It also depends on the plant some need roots and some ofvthe base stem to replicate while others only need a smallest of a piece of root to keep growing

Ask a Question