j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice being able to just feast off the land there. What is that fruit juice you're drinking?

Reaction score
Coconut milk, you can still see the cement on my hands so it was a good, natural drink. It's high in fats, but unlike animal fats it doesn't degrade in the body and can help boost your immune system. Mixing the concrete was a lot like work. I learned not to pour a full 100 pound bag into the wheel barrow, that is backbreaking. I'm using a pitcher now, 4 pitchers of cement to 2 pitchers of water is a lot easier to mix and has a good consistency.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Guess I thought all coconuts were brown.
Good you have the cement cooking down to a perfect recipe now. The stone work will be really nice once you get it all done. Do you have to protect them w/ any kind of sealant?

Reaction score
No sealant. The Mayans actually mix it on the ground and add sand. Casa Willys is a three story mansion that my friend lives in. The foundation goes 15 feet deep into the bedrock. This entire structure...http://www.scubamex.com/casa-willis.html was mixed in 5 gallon buckets, one bucket at a time on the ground. When they satrted pouring cement, it went on for days, 24/7. They could not stop as all of the concrete had to set as one structure. Finally, Lester felt sorry for them and bought a cement mixer. It is massive, 5 gallons at a time, think about that.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Holy Jambalaya that is a beautiful and huge place! Amazing they built that w/ buckets of cement like that!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Jw, old mature coconuts are brown cause the outside flesh is dried up. mature old coconuts you get lots of coconut meat inside the coconut. Bulldog, the coconut water is very very good for you, I try to drink several a week, we get them at the supermarket here, I like to drink the water from the young coconut, and the meat inside a young coconut is thin and like jelly.

Just a note, the stuff you drink directly from the coconut is not the coconut milk, it is the coconut water. The coconut milk comes from the crushing the coconut meat inside. I eat lots of coconuts and the coconut oil is very very good for you. I get organic coconut oil and put it in coffee everyday. :)

Attachments

• 1364025017006.jpg
    1364025017006.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 191
Reaction score
Here in Mexico, if a person "squats" on untitled land for 7 years, it becomes theirs. From what I understand, a rich person is paying these people to do this on a prime piece of real estate. They construct towers to watch for and run off any other squatter/intruders. Life is pretty rough there, cooking fires all night, pole structures...

playa007_zps6b69e528.jpg

Reaction score
Big Lou said:
One more time. Why is it you decided to move lock, stock and book-writing to Mexico?
Why wouldn’t I? This was always the vacation spot of choice for me. If you could live for the rest of your life where you saved all year just to spend a week, wouldn’t you? I scrimped and saved for 20 years, while my friends were blowing and going, buying a new vehicle every 4 years, I drove the same old Toyota truck until it had 290,000 miles on it. Then I had a rather large nest egg, I bought Mobil stock when it was $14.00 per share and it would double in price, then split and I would have twice the shares at half of the value. Again it would climb up to $130.00 per share. As soon as I could, I retired with a lump sum and rolled it into a annuity figuring I’d still work. But, with Obama at the helm, work is slim and undesirable. So, against the advice of my financial planner, I took it all out and moved here, to what I consider paradise and will live out my life, die and be cremated here. I love this place.

Reaction score
3/24/13

Woke up at 4:45, the wind was ripping so no diving today. Made coffee and waited for the sun. Worked out then rode my bike to the dive shop just to see my friends. Came back, took the trailer tires off and leveled it. Hooked sewer line up and drain for washer. We rode into Playa Adventuras, a small town about 5 minutes away. Saw a boy selling oranges but we had no change, so on we went and found a small bar playing really loud music, so in we went. In a place like this, where you know you are going to be the only gringos there, you have to cop a “Don’t fork with me” attitude before you even walk in the door. You meet the stares and don’t avert your eyes until they do. Yes, we got a few odd looks but walked on in. The guy playing the keyboard and singing smiled at us. We went to the bar and got two Sol beers and found a table near the door, I sat with my back against the wall. There were spider webs all along the ceiling but the beer was cold and the music tolerable. Finished our beer and went back to buy the oranges,

Ask a Question