sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
reason I asked about medical is because after my hubbies heart attack Nov.2nd and knowing how scared i was and lucky to have got there in time .When they told me he would not make it through the night I was not sure what to do .State police helped get my son fuel to get down here as it was after sandy . just scarey thoughts run through my head now

Reaction score
sissy said:
reason I asked about medical is because after my hubbies heart attack Nov.2nd and knowing how scared i was and lucky to have got there in time .When they told me he would not make it through the night I was not sure what to do .State police helped get my son fuel to get down here as it was after sandy . just scarey thoughts run through my head now
I am sooo sorry you went through that!!! It was 6-7 yrs ago now, friends of ours were vacationing somewhere in Mexico, and the same thing .. He received great (and immediate) medical care, but the worst was getting him on the plane home (they live in NH). The doctor cleared him to leave, but warned that if the airlines knew how recent his heart attack was, that they would not let him on the flight. She was beside herself with panic that they would get "caught" ... The airlines had no knowledge of how sensive his condition was until the plane landed in Boston, and there was a waiting ambulance.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can't imagine that fear as I know plane pressure can cause more problems and he and his wife are really lucky

Reaction score
She had said that the doctor was comfortable with him taking the flight, and was in contact with the hospital in Boston for the transfer, but the way it was explained was had the airlines known, the airlines would have refused him as a passenger because of the liabilities of if something was to go wrong on the flight. She spoke very highly of the doctor he had in Mexico, so I really dont think the doctor, or especially his wife, would have gone forward when they did if there was any real risk.

Ask a Question