Well Good Ole Harvey is here to visit

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jimmy Gibson, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Jimmy Gibson

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

What a mess it will be a long time before things are "normal" again.
    It took my late husband and I a year + before our house in Arizona was fixed and that was just a wind sheer. Took off over 4000 roofs then it rained,

Great that you can help!

addy1, Nov 15, 2017
    CometKeith likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Jimmy Gibson

CometKeith

Wow Addy. That sounds really bad. I know az gets dust storms but didn't realize they had storms that bad. Today was another interesting day. It was a lot of work but we made progress. Later someone on the street asked if I was a volunteer and thanked me.

CometKeith, Nov 16, 2017
    addy1 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Jimmy Gibson

It was three thunderstorms that ran into each other north of our house. First we had a huge dust storm hit, then they created a down wind that became a wind shear. My wind gauge broke at 140mph. If I recall right, they said the winds hit 160mph.
    Every roof on the north side was ripped off, even lifted the roof boards. Then it poured rain. Of course every scammer that could travel came in and offered to fix your house, just give me the insurance check! It cost 70k to fix our house, late husband had paid 72k for the house. That included moving us into a rental for months.

We were given natural disaster rating, so no insurance company could cancel the coverage or hold it against you.

addy1, Nov 17, 2017
    CometKeith likes this.
  4. Jimmy Gibson

CometKeith

That sounds really rough. I don't think people realize how difficult it is to restore your home when a disaster strikes because of the shortage of manpower. The last day we went to a new site. Our group emptied out a small 3 bedroom home of its personal contents and removed drywall and everything else 4 ft from the floor in just 4 hours. Just got home last night feeling pretty tired.

CometKeith, Nov 17, 2017
    addy1 likes this.
  5. Jimmy Gibson

You should be tired and darn proud of the work you all did!

addy1, Nov 17, 2017
    CometKeith likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question