do tadpoles and snails need to be treated for ich?

Reaction score
Country
United States
i have ich in my 100 gal pond. i have taken all my fish out and i am treating them in a separate tank. i have cleaned out my pond and filter and have put the plants back in the pond as i understand that i do not need to treat the plants, just do not put the fish back with them for a couple of weeks to let the "ich" die out. i have also moved my bull frog tadpoles and my trap door snails to another separate tank for the time being. can they have ich also, and if so had do i treat them?

thanks for any help you can give me...

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
No tadpoles and snails are fine, just leave them in what you have them in. They could be carrying the cysts from the trophont stage, so you would want to keep them away from fish for a few weeks until the life cycle is complete.

How is your pond setup? circulation, amount of fish in the pond, water parameters?

I ask because fish get sick usually due to poor water quality. Healthy fish’s immune systems can fight off most diseases.

Ask a Question