What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
What do you plant your lilies in? I pulled mine today and put them in a stock tank, as I'll be working on them tomorrow.

I plant mine in dish pans from Walmart only I bought black.
k2-_bf747e06-6d2f-4c3a-a7cf-41974b613787.v2.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...vailable-in-Case-of-6-or-Single-Unit/48003396

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Our warm weather has plants growing quickly.

Purple Coneflower, Blanket Flower, and Black-eyed Susans are all looking by the pond.
IMG_6942 copy.jpg

IMG_6943 copy.jpg

IMG_6944 copy.jpg

I was also thrilled to find three Orange Milkweed seedlings. They're near one of the full grown plants. I didn't seed them there, so they must be from one of the ponds I let open. I love seeing those volunteers, and I planned on putting some there anyway!
IMG_6940 copy.jpg

Of course, I had to add another frog pic. Bull and Green frogs share the same section of the pond.
IMG_6950 copy1.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we need rain anyone willing to donate some of there extra rain .Send it here .Talk to the rain gods please

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful Red!

I am planting another 20 some trees, bushes, plants that are all bee friendly, converting more grass to plants lol

Love that cedar, it is beautiful

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got what was called a flowering plum and not supposed to get fruit but every year it gets fruit .Flowering redbuds are great for bee's addy We have lots of them that grow wild along the highways and they bloom early and bloom for a long time .It is a sea of pink ,lavender and purple .They have been blooming since March and still blooming

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I took a photo of the pond last night just after dark. I wanted to see how my new clock looked with a small spotlight on it. Hopefully it'll last. I've had outdoor clocks that hardly make it through a year.
IMG_6956 copy.jpg

Marsh Marigold is close to blooming.
IMG_6960 copy.jpg

Grape Hyacinths are blooming. They REALLY shot up in the last three days.
IMG_6970 copy.jpg

Blue Flag Iris has also shot up. Two weeks ago, it was no taller than that small rock on the bottom left.
IMG_6976 copy.jpg

Green Frog.
IMG_6962 copy1.jpg

and I was thrilled to see one of my Orange Milkweeds popping through the soil today. Hopefully my others out in the native garden will start growing soon, too.
IMG_6967 copy.jpg

Ask a Question