What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Deer proof, so highly toxic...beautiful early summer bloomers...prolific reseeders if you allow it and with enough of them, the biennial thing is unnoticeable.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 173

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That snake has plenty of woods to go almost 800 acres of woods behind my house and over 400 acres across from my house

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
That snake has plenty of woods to go almost 800 acres of woods behind my house and over 400 acres across from my house
Haha, ur mad...why here? Why me? Guess they aint as smart as us. Lol except us stupid humans atttract snake food and they are smart enough to know that.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Even here the deer try to stomp snakes to death .I have seen them lots of times doing it off to the side of my property where I feed the deer

Attachments

• pics on durecell back up 002.jpg
    pics on durecell back up 002.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 113
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Even here the deer try to stomp snakes to death .I have seen them lots of times doing it off to the side of my property where I feed the deer
Yah, lol...cuz they are smart...my horses did the same or ran like mad. Horses are infamous for being snake shy. But a horse has no ability to tell the good ones from the dangerous ones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Please dont misunderstand me. I would never be tolerant of a poisonous snake hanging out in my garden. Sorry for him...but thats not possible. But I did research on the snakes that do hang out and they are harmless, so I leave them be.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
yep have two horses on my other property and they kill snakes all the time
Lol! My horse also tried to kill my dog. They are a natural prey animal after all and aware of it...a bit high strung when it comes to potential threat (realistic or not)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Im sorry sissy, i dont mean to be hostile about your fear of snakes. I understand the fear. But at the same time, Ive seen my little garters take off after a big fat fly that landed on a plant. They have such a practical function, I cant ignore that either. My little garters are frogs with teeth to me. And funnier too. I love watching these stupid young snakes teying to catch a fly.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no biggie .We all have our fears .I have a major problem with frogs also and toads .There are 3 creeks here and the frogs come here and lay tons of eggs and I have to take them to farm ponds and to other people that want to control mosquito 's .They clog my filters and my koi aggie just loves to kill frogs and suck there insides out and I get the joy of netting the rest out everyday .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
no biggie .We all have our fears .I have a major problem with frogs also and toads .There are 3 creeks here and the frogs come here and lay tons of eggs and I have to take them to farm ponds and to other people that want to control mosquito 's .They clog my filters and my koi aggie just loves to kill frogs and suck there insides out and I get the joy of netting the rest out everyday .
Ouch! Thats harsh! Lol. Well, my fattie fantail disappeared and Im not sure whether the snake or the jays got her, but shes gone. Now the jays are deciding whether to nest in my Trumpet vine, and I am deciding whether I will let them. So touche! I hear ya!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
aggies is a killer she ate all my trapdoor snails and also tried to kill a little bird in the waterfall pond before i rebuilt it so she could not get into it .I was lucky to be there and saved the bird .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
aggies is a killer she ate all my trapdoor snails and also tried to kill a little bird in the waterfall pond before i rebuilt it so she could not get into it .I was lucky to be there and saved the bird .
Whos aggies again?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My bigger koi she is over 2 feet long now aggie the destroyer :)The boss of the crew and her hubby bert in last pic

Attachments

• land pergolas and shed 4-2-16 048.JPG
    land pergolas and shed 4-2-16 048.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 194
  • pond 11-6-15 005.JPG
    pond 11-6-15 005.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 7-19-15 pond and stock tanks 014.JPG
    7-19-15 pond and stock tanks 014.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 126

Ask a Question