What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
When they get over 2 feet long that starts to be the time you hope nothing happens to your liner .I know even when I changed my liner aggie and bert were really heavy to pick up

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yesterday we had the heaviest rain I have seen since living in this town (13 years). We were lucky as we barely escaped getting flooded out. But just down the street from us people had a couple feet of water in their house and the roads all around us were closed.

My husband quickly grabbed some extra mulch I had laying around and used it as sand bags to prevent our little house from flooding (little house is an extra house we have in our backyard my brother is currently living in). Little house sits on a slab at ground level. Our house has a finished basement and we had no water leak in thankfully.

Flooding pictures.
DSCN9745.JPG DSCN9746.JPG DSCN9749.JPG DSCN9750.JPG DSCN9751.JPG DSCN9753.JPG DSCN9754.JPG

And a couple pictures of the ponds after the water receded. No damage done to the ponds and thankfully because of my raised edge around the big pond, none of the flood waters went into the pond.
DSCN9756.JPG DSCN9758.JPG DSCN9759.JPG DSCN9761.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
your whole area there looks like a pond pecan .lucky you dodged the bullet .It is supposed to rain tomorrow here and I sure hope they are right .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here's my pond today.
IMG_9390 copy.jpg

IMG_9401 copy.jpg

The waterfall did not get finished, but it's closer to being there. I also made a small water feature out of a hollow log. I stuck a liner in it and used an old pump I had.
IMG_9400 copy.jpg

Perry's Orange Sunset
IMG_9392 copy.jpg

IMG_9394 copy.jpg

Blanket Flower
IMG_9378 copy.jpg

Globeflower
IMG_9324 copy.jpg

Dragonfly
IMG_9384 copy.jpg

Mrs. Duck on her nest. She's been nice company to have around. :D
She sits on the eggs all day and leaves around 6 or 6:30, and comes back before sunset. Roughly two more weeks until they start hatching.
IMG_9404 copy.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
A guy has them here but they are blue and white and that is all .The birds chest is white with a light powder blue down the middle of there chest .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Wow pecan. Do you know how much rain you ended up with? Glad it didnt flood the pond. You shouldn't have to water any plants for awhile!

Beautiful pictures everyone!

JB LOVE the log water feature!!

Ask a Question