What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Mike in Vermont everything is looking nice and green and oh boy look at that nice garden growing next to the pond! Yum!
Pretty blooms on your lilies.Do you ever get so hot that you just jump in that pond and swim w/the fishes?
Once in a great while. My goal would be to get my water real clear, and sit on the bottom, so I can watch my fish swim.
Plus, there is a chair and one of my dive fins in there somewhere. o_O

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well been trying and old wives tail out in my rain barrels and so far see great results .They say put a little pine sol in the water and no mosquito's and so far no larvae in any of the barrels even after all the rain and warm temperatures we have had .I put in 3 tablespoons of it in each barrel 4 weeks ago and also in my stock tank and I was amazed it did not even hurt the water lettuce and did not even harm my water lily

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
Pond Rebuild cleared just in time for my daughters HS grad party..It was looking like pea soup the past two weeks. Thanks to all the sages here I stayed patient and keep changing the quilt batting daily. Can see down to the bottom 3+ ft. Even a couple Lilies started to flower.
IMG_1525.JPG
IMG_1527.JPG

The matala pad was throw into the temporary pool during the Rebuild for shade and I placed the grass on it. A few parrots feather anchored on. The roots from the grass are at least a foot long. I figured since the plants and frog are happy I'll keep it set up for now
IMG_1551.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well here's a first at my pond. Didn't expect to see a pigeon when walked out today.. It wasn't too worried about me. It kept a small distance and walked around the pond and into the bog for awhile. Eventually, it walked away. As you can see it's banded.

IMG_3176 copy.jpg

and here's a couple Butterflyweed pics.
IMG_3190 copy.jpg

IMG_3195 copy.jpg

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's been a rough week, my hubby had a stroke 11 days ago. Luckily it was mild with no long term effects, he had stint surgery done last week and they found and dissolved a clot at his brain stem. He is home and should make a full recovery but he is off the hot dog plan for awhile. Sitting in front of the pond watching the fish and relaxing is pretty awesome therapy...
Hmm I wonder if I can get a tax break or bill our insurance for "fish/pond therapy"?

Also as a note, when the anesthesiologist is attempting to put an IV into your husband and says "tiny prick with a needle" responding with "You shouldn't talk about yourself like that" is a must. Or at least it was for me.

We did get home to my lotus looking all sassy with a dragonfly to boot. Boy is it good to be home.

2017-06-26 06.28.26.jpg

2017-06-26 06.28.18.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Sorry to hear about the bad week...glad to hear things are improving and it was not worst. Continued well wishes to you both. Yes... pond therapy does exist, I'm a beliver and patient.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry to hear about your hubby but lucky they caught it fast .I know when my hubby died right in front of me and went flat line it scared the daylights out of me .6 hours in surgery and died 4 more times and platinum stint was in ..He even remembered all the shocks to his heart when he came out of surgery and he had the burns to show it on his chest .He still has scares from it and it scared his doctor when he told him about it and how it hurt .I hope your hubby listens real well to his doctors orders .My niece Missy and her boyfriend Matt are traveling nurses and are now in Dotham Alabama .I think the said Dotham any ways .

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yikes sissy, I can't even imagine. We will see if he listens, it scared us both pretty good for sure. I've been researching "stroke healthy meals" and it is pretty much everything he doesn't eat, although he has been awesome eating couscous and turkey burgers so far. Just wait till I pull the tofu on him... :wtf::stop::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Ask a Question