What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@saugeye tom My pond is about 2400 gals and the fry hardly ever make it. The eggs are eaten fast by the fish just as soon as they are laid. Maybe a few will survive to fish. That's in my pond but if you have lots of hiding spots for eggs and fry more could survive. It's just a wait and see thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@saugeye tom My pond is about 2400 gals and the fry hardly ever make it. The eggs are eaten fast by the fish just as soon as they are laid. Maybe a few will survive to fish. That's in my pond but if you have lots of hiding spots for eggs and fry more could survive. It's just a wait and see thing.
thx alot of spots to hide ....they seem to like going in the skimmer the pond is 1800 gallons just checked , people have told me i will be overrun with fish, the blue heron stayed away last fall, hope he stays away this year too Tom

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@saugeye tom I started out w/12 feeder goldfish and bought 6 shubunkins and got maybe 6 free oj/white ones and now have maybe a hundred fish from spawning over 16 yrs so not too many in there yet. Most aren't that big either. Some 6 to 8" ones but most under that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@saugeye tom I started out w/12 feeder goldfish and bought 6 shubunkins and got maybe 6 free oj/white ones and now have maybe a hundred fish from spawning over 16 yrs so not too many in there yet. Most aren't that big either. Some 6 to 8" ones but most under that.
How many gallons for the 100 fish?..water stays clear?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
About 2400 gals and like I said most fish are not very big.................yet! I keep water clean w/a filter and I do water slowly in and slowly out treatments now and then. All is good for over 16 yrs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
About 2400 gals and like I said most fish are not very big.................yet! I keep water clean w/a filter and I do water slowly in and slowly out treatments now and then. All is good for over 16 yrs.
Thx !! Always had a smaller pond....400 gallons...fish only had babies once it it

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
:mad:
IMG_7697 copy.jpg

Ask a Question