What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My bog today...
IMG_7044.jpg

My pond today... 40-something lily pads now! was 20-something last week, and 4 two weeks ago.
IMG_7052.jpg

My wildflower area today... love the Coreopsis 'mardi gras' flower, cant wait until the other buds open. I also have Mexican Sunflower 'Torch' (right) and Blanket Flower 'Goblin' (bottom). and I'm planning to add Dianthus 'Arctic Fire' eventually.
IMG_7048.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice pix again JB and boy you have a tons of pads coming! No buds yet tho huh? All I have is a few pads and no buds. Pretty Coreopsis. I have some too but mine I think is just a plain yellow I believe..........hasn't started to bloom this year yet.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nice pix again JB and boy you have a tons of pads coming! No buds yet tho huh? All I have is a few pads and no buds. Pretty Coreopsis.

Yes, I found three buds yesterday. Can't wait until the hi the surface and open!

I would definitely recommend Coreopsis Mardi Gras! I guess I like flowers with two colors, since Blanket Flower Goblin and Dianthus Arctic Fire also have two colors.

Reaction score
Thank you! All of the lizards tail, forgetmenot and another I can't remember the name of :confused: Is a due to addy :) they just went crazy! My avatar is milk weed in friends garden, and I got some starters of that too :love: It's so pretty, and WoW do the butterflies love it. Water Lilly is starting to bloom :) its a good day!

Last edited:

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Mostly cloudy here today but the sun peeked out a couple times for these shots. See if you can spot the two underwater lights visible in the second pic. They're some of those fake polymer rock lights - small spotlight fixtures embedded in a synthetic weighted river cobble. They really blend well with the real stones.

image.jpg

image.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks beautiful and I think I can only find the one light down towards the right near the edge of the pond. They do blend in quite nicely.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I think I see both, one near the edge of the pond and one in the waterfall itself. Both tucked into the right corners looking at the picture

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I think I see both, one near the edge of the pond and one in the waterfall itself. Both tucked into the right corners looking at the picture
Close j.w, but Rob wins the "Find Red's Lights" contest. Unfortunately, Garden Pond Forum members and their families are ineligible from participating in the contest or being entered into the grand prize drawing (I'm making up rules as I go, can you tell?)!:rolleyes:The grand prize consists of illogical, nonsensical and generally bad ponding advice freely dispensed from yours truly. Actual value of grand prize: 1/20th of one cent. No purchase necessary. For a list of official rules, please send a SASE to...;)

Ask a Question