What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One of my small loop ponds, the first one in the loop, the lily pads were totally eaten by the deer. I was making sure the deer had not knocked rocks out of place, when I spotted around 13 +/- 1-2 inch shubunkins in the pond. The only way they got there was via sucked into the pump, as eggs or fry, fed down a 50 foot piece of garden hose through a hose bib, water falling into a small pond. It is around 2.5 feet deep no clue on gallons.
The subbies are beautiful, real dark in color, bright red and oranges. I need to try and grab a picture. Without any lily pads to hide under they are easier to see.
Before winter I am going to attempt to remove some. That pond does freeze up no pond breather is put in it.

winter shot, can't see it easy right now
Capture4.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just love the look and shape of the flowers on the hyacinth .I saw on a garden show that they are testing a hybrid hyacinth that will be black with a black and purple flower and will not be invasive .They did not say when they will release it for sale .I caught the show on some weird channel yesterday That I guess my cable company may be adding not sure .I kinda hope they add the channel

Ask a Question