What does your pond look like ... Today?

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Donor
Reaction score
Today I completed a rill that goes from the header pond to the main pond. Planted Pennywort to eventually conceal the liner along the backside.

66A25A84-C923-4BBB-B90C-AF5138D4CDAD.jpeg
37CBE2BF-CD94-453E-AAA0-89FCF80EB6E8.jpeg
2D3D44EF-49C0-48C1-9583-AFE095971239.jpeg

Ad

Advertisements

brokensword

Not all those who wander are lost
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today I completed a rill that goes from the header pond to the main pond. Planted Pennywort to eventually conceal the liner along the backside.

View attachment 143801View attachment 143802View attachment 143803
'rill'; good word--very few even know what it means, so I applaud your useage!

As mrsclem noted, just watch your pennywort! I haven't found it too invasive yet and have actually been overwintering some to make sure I don't lose it, but this summer, I did have some make it outside and I too am not making sure it's not a problem! I find it grows nicely in a pot, though and had flowers on it for the first time. Surprised me what they looked like!

And, they told me what they were saying and though your name DID come up, I was sworn to secrecy so unless you gots lots of bribe money, I can't repeat it...(got to raise some $$ now to pay CW's ransom zoom fee. Or something like that!).

smilie sword twirl.gif

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Donor
Reaction score
'rill'; good word--very few even know what it means, so I applaud your useage!

As mrsclem noted, just watch your pennywort! I haven't found it too invasive yet and have actually been overwintering some to make sure I don't lose it, but this summer, I did have some make it outside and I too am not making sure it's not a problem! I find it grows nicely in a pot, though and had flowers on it for the first time. Surprised me what they looked like!

And, they told me what they were saying and though your name DID come up, I was sworn to secrecy so unless you gots lots of bribe money, I can't repeat it...(got to raise some $$ now to pay CW's ransom zoom fee. Or something like that!).

View attachment 143810
I got the pennywort from a friend several years ago. The plants in the rill and header are planted in pea gravel whereas the ones in the main pond are free floating near the irises. It’s funny, but it wasn’t until about August the pennywort began taking off. Prior to that it was competing with watercress and was loosing to the watercress. Then the caterpillars and aphids ravaged the watercress almost overnight and once they were gone, the pennywort made a rebound.

The pennywort are like miniature lotuses.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah i plan on just cutting back anything along the edges to make sure no wicking occurs . but the rest will be left as an insulator for the plants and the inverts frogs etc

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I hope you’re not floating away up their, j.w! We’re up on a hill and didn’t get the flooding.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I hope you’re not floating away up their, j.w! We’re up on a hill and didn’t get the flooding.
Up THERE, I meant. I know j.w’s area (and many places north and east of Seattle) were hit by major flooding. All those rivers couldn’t handle the 7+ inches of rain since Saturday. My heart goes out to them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Up THERE, I meant. I know j.w’s area (and many places north and east of Seattle) were hit by major flooding. All those rivers couldn’t handle the 7+ inches of rain since Saturday. My heart goes out to them.
We did not have it bad and we are up on our hill in Arlington Heights. South and North and East and West of us took the hits. We were hidden from it all right in between and I don't even think the Stilly river overflowed it's banks much at the bottom of our hill. Only lost power yesterday for an hour or so. No biggy and glad! They got hit hard up in Mt Vernon which is only about 30 miles North of us. I was able to even get my walking in during the storms. Got a bit wet and almost blown over but I'm still alive and loved the sun we had today!

1637105055963.gif

Ad

Advertisements

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We did not have it bad and we are up on our hill in Arlington Heights. South and North and East and West of us took the hits. We were hidden from it all right in between and I don't even think the Stilly river overflowed it's banks much at the bottom of our hill. Only lost power yesterday for an hour or so. No biggy and glad! They got hit hard up in Mt Vernon which is only about 30 miles North of us. I was able to even get my walking in during the storms. Got a bit wet and almost blown over but I'm still alive and loved the sun we had today!

View attachment 144449
I’m glad you’re safe and sound, Queen of Animated gifs!
Our dear friends up in Ferndale aren’t so fortunate. The Nooksack River flooded them out of their home. Whatcom county has the worst flooding in over 130 years.

Ask a Question