What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
IMG_9785 copy.jpg

IMG_9767 copy.jpg

IMG_9783 copy.jpg

IMG_9780 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I love the markings on that fish!
Me too! So pretty! I had one like this that was a favorite - but he/she was a winter casualty. I think a cat took a swipe at it and it couldn't recover. This one is a beauty!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Marsh Marigold is looking as great as it does every Spring. I love this plant a lot. Here it is in my bog. I divided a small piece of it and put it over in my rain garden. Hoping to see it return next year, but only time will tell if conditions are good enough for it over there.

IMG_9790 copy.jpg

IMG_9791 copy.jpg

IMG_9793 copy.jpg

IMG_9799 copy.jpg

Prairie Smoke. The bunnies finally discovered it. A few flowers were laying in the dirt. Hopefully they'll leave the rest of it alone.
IMG_9801 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@JBtheExplorer - you'll appreciate this. I looked outside yesterday when I got home from work and my neighbor was watering his backyard. That was a real head scratcher. We've had record rainfall so far this spring... maybe he missed the memo! He just moved in late last summer - wait until he gets the water bill for running that sprinkler for hours!

I love the marsh marigold pictures - I need to get more for my pond as it's such a welcome sight in the spring. I had no idea it was native to our area, but last summer we started noticing it growing in some spots around the natural waterways near us. So pretty and so tough!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer - you'll appreciate this. I looked outside yesterday when I got home from work and my neighbor was watering his backyard. That was a real head scratcher. We've had record rainfall so far this spring... maybe he missed the memo! He just moved in late last summer - wait until he gets the water bill for running that sprinkler for hours!

People are strange. There's a guy around here who mows his lawn three times a week all summer long.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
People are strange. There's a guy around here who mows his lawn three times a week all summer long.

I'm glad it's not just my weird neighbors! We have several really great neighbors and a few oddballs.

My parents had a neighbor who rode his riding lawnmower around a LOT all spring, summer and fall. Turns out he was keeping his booze stash in his shed and the mower was his excuse to get outside and get sloshed. Haha! His mowing lines got progressively less straight as the day wore on!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine gets mowed every other week, let's the dandelions bloom for the bees.

Ask a Question