What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Been a cool spring here in Indiana...finally got all planted and a few permanent plants are starting to get green . Need the lilly pads to get warm and take off to give me some shade before the algae goes off.

Attachments

• 20190513_162827.jpg
    20190513_162827.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 88
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Already this year with flowers and pads?? We can't get a weather break here! I have a few pads at the surface, but that's it. That's gorgeous @addy1 ! Even with the spider!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have been up and down so much in temperature. I was surprised when they started growing as well as they did. The huge maple died, so they are getting more light than before, all day instead of with a short shade time. That may be helping.

My hot tub ones are taking their time on growing, but they are the hybrid tropical. I think they want a bit warmer water.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The only blooms I have seen are in a stock tank filled with the Colorado lilies.
If I am remembering right, I think when getting them ready for winter I lifted each one and stuck some osmocote under them. We have been so busy dealing with deceased tenants in Florida and bees, life is a blur right now

All I did this spring is bring up from the deeper area into the growing more shallow area. I have a lot of buds popping up.
Move the hybrids back into the hot tub. Some of them are growing good some are just putzing along.

Ask a Question