j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice walk in the dryness today and missed getting pretend run over by the neighborhood idiot. I have a video camera ready for when he tries it again. I wasn't fast enough this time to turn it on but I pretend filmed him and I know he saw it. Next time I will have it on and ready. He doesn't like me cuz I turned his son into the cops when he threatened me w/the gun. Some of you may remember that little episode. No rain here yet but it's on the way!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cold 18.5 small ponds iced over again. Snow coming, now 1-4 won't last.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sort of a different day in weather today. Last night, the meteorologist that I've been getting my forecasts from for my entire life announced he's retiring in a few months. For as long as I can remember, his forecasts have been considerably more accurate than any other channel as well as more detailed. He's one of the only meteorologists that will openly say that forecasting past four days is pointless.

He's one of the few that won't even suggest snow totals until the storm is two days or less away. Most meteorologists give numbers, because people always want exact numbers, seven days before the storm even hits, but he knows and admits that's what TV stations require their meteorologists to do, often leading to inaccuracies. He's also one who will always admit when he gets a forecast wrong, and occasionally explains why it changed and why he was forecasting something different. He's been working at the same station for so long that he gained a lot of respect throughout his career and the station gave him control of how to go about his forecast.

On top of that, he's aired 47 of my photos over the past 6 years. I had no idea the number was so high until now. Honestly, it made me care more about the quality of my photos. Every camping trip, I looked to take that one photo that I knew would be worthy of getting on air, and I succeeded almost every time.

The way I receive my weather forecasts and the quality of those forecasts will certainly be different starting in June.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Poured buckets this morning, now sun is coming out between lots of clouds. Even had some excitement w/two thunderclaps! Hope the power stays on as the debate tonight should be quite interesting to say the least!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Poured buckets this morning, now sun is coming out between lots of clouds. Even had some excitement w/two thunderclaps! Hope the power stays on as the debate tonight should be quite interesting to say the least!
Debate? Who and what are you debating, j.w?:unsure:
John

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Snowing, looks like two inches but not sticking to the driveway. Covering everything else though.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Why can't all snow be like this? No plows or shovels needed!
091.jpg
092.jpg
094.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is a nice snow, not sticking to any pavement. We are only around 2 inches, you are in the sweet spot again.................lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Debate? Who and what are you debating, j.w?:unsure:
John
Republican debate for prez. What you don't keep up w/our gov't antics here?
It was a fun filled lively event like you don't usually see. Boys will be boys is all I can say :LOL:

Nice here today w/no rain till later tonight (y)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Ya, I caught a little on the morning news. I hear The Donald got a little carried away. Why the h*** is he running for president anyway? Wouldn't it be simpler just to BUY a country? :rolleyes:
John
PS: You realize that if he wins, I won't be able to bring any snow down your way. My little truck would NEVER make it over that 50' tall wall he's going to build between us!! :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
About 60 nearly all week till today, snowy and cold now. Hopefully looking at the last snowfall for this winter though!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ya, I caught a little on the morning news. I hear The Donald got a little carried away. Why the h*** is he running for president anyway? Wouldn't it be simpler just to BUY a country? :rolleyes:
John
PS: You realize that if he wins, I won't be able to bring any snow down your way. My little truck would NEVER make it over that 50' tall wall he's going to build between us!! :D

What you don't like The Donald? He's mine for the job, if nothing else to let the establishment know we are tired of their bull crap! @callingcolleen1 likes him also and she doesn't even live here in the US.

Now, now, no wall going up between us and Canada so you don't get out of the snow delivery that easy. I like how they all say they are going to fix everything. In my opinion anyone is better than Old Lady Clinton who should be in jail!

Now where is my snow for the year? I didn't get any this year at all :smuggrin:

Ask a Question