j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sunny then dark, sunny then dark, sunny then dark..................RAIN................AUKKKK :bigtears:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
I THINK this is our start of Spring. I hate to even suggest such a thing. Last thing I want to do is jinx it and see 8" of snow in a couple weeks, but what if this is really it?! What if I'll be seeing plants grow by this time next week? Oh, so happy! :cry::D

Hey JB, I went outside to check on the pond this morning and guess what I spotted in the garden??? TULIPS pushing up. :jawdrop: I could barely believe my eyes!! The crocuses are also starting to sprout. This could be one of those years where everything blooms early by the end of March like we had a few years ago... It was a mixed bag--we still caught a few cold days, which was dangerous for apple blossoms, not to mention it was the harbinger for a very rough allergy season.

1656171_10153984038024106_2022650791668925135_n.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tomorrow we're expecting to see the first of many 50°F days. All 50's and one 60 next week. Sure, some rainy days, and some windy days, but no big deal!

I THINK this is our start of Spring. I hate to even suggest such a thing. Last thing I want to do is jinx it and see 8" of snow in a couple weeks, but what if this is really it?! What if I'll be seeing plants grow by this time next week? Oh, so happy! :cry::D

We are having similar weather here. I did a water change and restarted my filter today.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
62°F, sunny, and a light breeze. I spent some time out there this morning.

Definitely the nicest day I've seen in months. My pond has an inch of ice remaining, and that will definitely melt off today. Tomorrow's supposed to be 67°F, but rain's in the forecast.
IMG_6235 copy.jpg

A few signs of plantlife, though not much. Of course, the daylilies are ready to go.
IMG_6237 copy.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
75 today 80 on Thursday! I had ice on the ponds yesterday am.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh sorry you still have ice JB! I can't believe how awesome our weather has been way up north and kinda feel guilty for stealing your weather!

No big deal! 65°F today and the ice melted overnight. A frog's sitting out on the edge today and fish are pretty active.

Last fall when I was pulling out my pump it got caught on a lily pot and dragged it right in the way of where my pump goes, so today I got in the pond and moved it out of the way. Never had to get in a dirty, unfiltered, freezing pond before, so that wasn't much fun, but you gotta do what you gotta do. It was already bugging me all winter because I hate the thought of a pot dragging, especially with all the pea gravel the ducks and fish put on the bottom. Water level is staying up, though, so looks like all is well. Also cleaned all of the leaves and woodchips out of my bog this morning. Hoping to have the pump in sometime this week.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We got up to 74°F today! About 30 degrees cooler tomorrow.
I can't complain about 40s this time of year, but after these two days, I sure want to.

Ask a Question