sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not sure what kind of bee stung me but it looked like a giant honey bee .I was working on the deck and he flew onto my leg near my knee and for some reason he stung me 2 times .I sure was not bothering him .It is swollen and really painful and my sister who is a nurse stopped over and put some stuff on it and it did not even help the swelling .It hurts to even bend my knee .She brought some stuff that they use at the hospital .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope it gets better sissy. Wonder what kind of bee would do that to ya just out of the blue?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Usually honey bees can only sting once, they lose their stinger real easy, maybe it was a wasp, they sting for no reason. We have some large bumble bee type bees that love to chase , only stung once by one.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This looked just like a very large honey bee about 2 inch's long and my sister said they have had people in the emergency room for the same thing and a couple of people have killed the bee and brought it with them and they send the bees out for testing to see what they are and why they sting like they do .Every one that works with her has never seen a bee like it before .They had some guy come in from Chatham and he could not really say until he got it back to his office .These bees seem like they are only around this year and could be a product of some type of spraying or chemical contact .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Rainy day Wednesday off and on. Oh well it is watering the grass seed I planted in a big bald spot. Never, ever seen so many little tiny peach balls on my peach tree. Hope they all grow big and juicy for my hubby. Me not so much.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wet drizzly. I sprayed for the peach fungus , babied the suckers, covered with flowers, then we had three 24 degree nights. Not one peach ball, not one.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well darn it @addy1 I know you did everything you could to help that peach tree of yours in getting a good start this year.
Look at this one branch,and all the other branches have just as many or more. More than enough to share w/you @sissy and anyone else who pops by when they are ripe. Now just hope we get to them before the birds do.
IMG_7426.JPG

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hope your,leg is getting better Sissy. That sounds like one very big bee! Maybe a new, breed..

Super hot here today. Too hot for,ne and my mom, we're out for coffee and lunch right now.

Things,look very very bad for Fort McMurray, burning down and they had to evacuate the whole big city of 88 thousand people! It's terrible and many homes are on fire. Say a prayer for Fort McMurray please.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
It's very bad tonight from reports on Global News. More houses burning and large neighborhoods just gone. The fire is now well inside the city and people up there described it as "Hell on Earth".
It's so bad they had to evacuate the Emergency Command centre to outside of town. Wind has shifted and fire has grown more intense during hot windy afternoon. Schools burnt, business burnt or burning, and things couldn't be worse..
Donations can be made at Red Cross and many local business like the Superstore as well. It's a fire of historic portions.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That fire is unreal, so sad for all the people and critters.

Makes you realize our little problems are just that little................

Ask a Question