What is your weather like ... today

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Really enjoying my December, normally would've had plenty snow/ice, but it's 51* and raining!:):)
Only had two snow (incidents) thus far and they were minor.:):).
I know my area needs a good winter to provide water for the summer and this is exactly the way I like to see it happen.
Flood warnings in effect, bring it!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
very cool, how deep is your pond? and beside deicers on top, do you heat the water?
I was going to report up my cold temps, yours frankly is much colder
were stuck in a deep freeze right now, but we may get a small break on Monday and warm up to maybe 30 F, and I will believe it when I feel it! ha ha ha

The bottom ponds are not that deep, 2.5 depth in feet at the bottom pond and close to 3 feet depth in the second pond from the bottom. The upper two connecting ponds are 3 feet and the upper most pond is five feet deep. I heat all four of my ponds with one 1500 watt floating red Cattle tough heater. {the upper two connecting ponds have a cattle panel cold frame that really helps me save energy, or I would be forced to use two big heaters!} Will work on a better underwater video now that I found my big handy glass jar. As I type this, I can feel the cold coming though the walls in the front porch.

I hear severe record cold coming down to the states soon.... Now there is so call "fake Weather News" ... very interesting how the lame stream media lies....

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
today is the last cold day ,we are headed back up to the 60's again .I rely on the weather channel .Today only 37 degrees .55 tomorrow then 62 and then monday 37 and then back up to 50's .Geeze

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Got all my appliances pulled out and cleaned under them and the backs of them amazed at how dirty it gets under there and behind them in only 2 months .Even though it has been cold for 2 days no ice on the pond at all here ,

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sitting around and waiting for the snow to begin. They're still predicting 7"-11" of snow starting this afternoon and going all the way to tomorrow night, with a few breaks in between. We're right in between higher totals just north of here and lower totals south of the Illinois border, so it's possible we may see less or more. This is our third weekend snowfall in a row. On the bright side, we're up to 22°F today. That's 23°F warmer than it's expected to be on Sunday.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Up to 30 but going down to 16 later. Still sunny!
A little mouse was all hunched up in the middle of the road while I was walking by so had to chase him off to the bushes where he would be safer.Think he was just darn confused w/all this chilly coldness.

Ask a Question