What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Well, it's not good news from the tree guys - they can't get their bucket truck in my backyard without removing some of my fence. So it's going to be done all by hand and I'm still waiting for the estimate but I'm sure it's double what I was thinking.

I've already purchased some new trees for the back of the yard. So far I've purchased a Pink Princess Willow Tree - it will grow about 10 feet tall and I'll put it in the part of the yard that is always wet so it shouldn't be an issue with the pond,
wurrQypq-AW9rgp4E1mDQ1pRAQ97CNY862Ld1CJ9GKI=w292-h259-p-no

a twisted Redbud - mature height 10 to 15 feet, I'm thinking it will be a pretty backdrop to the pond so I'll put it closer,
x0Kyz1EYGcepja57PS4p3-7pDk_hOmzKRUA61ZwzSEQ=w293-h259-p-no

and I already have a weeping birch that I need to move because it's blocking the view of the pond from my deck. Good thing it's still a baby!
JGsVUrNWEvxyXmrC_31hJkv4ivV3L4VOu-FT6LCIQjM=w194-h259-p-no

I'm planning on a gingko for the front - it's replacing the biggest silver maple of all the ones I have to cut down but the guys have total access and I can afford to have it removed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Fun in the sun today going up to almost 70!
We have trees getting leaves and some w/just buds and unfortunately we also have the dreaded weeds. If I don't get out there soon they will be taking over. I hate weeding! I now hate pruning roses also as I got pricked by one about a week ago and it turned into a fungus infection called Sporotrichosis. I have gotten thorns in me all my life and nothing like this ever happened before. My pinky finger turned purple and swelled up. Then it went up to the nearest gland in the middle of my arm and swelled up and moved up to my arm pit. Arm very sore and looked like it was going to bust open and erupt. I went to doc and they gave me fungus pills, itrachonazole and it is kicking the butt of this fungus. I don't know for sure how long I will have to take these meds but just a warning to all of you who work around thorny bushes, you never know when it will strike and wear thick leather gloves and long sleeves and long pants. This could have been much worse if I hadn't gone to the doctor. You don't even want to go look online to see photo's of what that fungus disease can do. I fortunately never got any blisters or eruptions at all cause it was treated soon enough. They say farmers etc. can get it working w/hay and other things also.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sun came out and now magnolia is really blooming and lots of buds yet to open .This is great detergent got dog beds clean and fresh smelling and white towels are white without bleach and no hot water

Attachments

• laundry persil and house pics 007.JPG
    laundry persil and house pics 007.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 161
  • laundry persil and house pics 009.JPG
    laundry persil and house pics 009.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 117
  • laundry persil and house pics 015.JPG
    laundry persil and house pics 015.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 105
  • laundry persil and house pics 021.JPG
    laundry persil and house pics 021.JPG