addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
beautiful 72 f today, then snow tomorrow.................and saturday.

Love that twisted red bud! That is beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I have a heavily mulched area past my pond that I put my porch swing and stand. It's my "patio" area I have to weed, but only had about a dozen dandelion plants trying to grow. I got rid of them last weekend. The heavier the mulch, the easier it is to pull weed, so I am like T, I actually like weeding. All my landscaping is mulched, no plastic or weed barrier for me. I have found those barriers just get weeds stuck in them, and then you have a real mess. Cooler today, only in the low 40's, but sunny this afternoon makes it all worthwhile!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I swear it was way warmer than 66 degrees Fahrenheit, it sure felt super nice and warm today by the pond. ..Maybe it felt so nice cause there was no wind at all today.

Attachments

• 20150326_154902.jpg
    20150326_154902.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 141
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
21 here tonight. High of 31 tomorrow. 18 tomorrow night. Snow in the mix. Yuck.

At least I had a surprise by the pond when I got home today--there are purple flowers growing in the landscaping. I'm looking forward to seeing what grows and blooms by the pond and in the gardens all spring. When we bought the house we were already well into autumn.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yeah, I know, Addy, but I canNOT stand having them in my yard all summer long. So, if there is a time period when the bees can enjoy them, and then I can kill them off before they go to seed, I would do that. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol CE if you have bees around they use them when they bloom early spring. It is the very first nectar they get. You don't need to let them seed. I think they are pretty, but then again my grass is not even close to perfect.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just realized it is 9:30 pm and it is still 67 degrees out and yet it is supposed to be cooler tomorrow and friday night into saturday it is supposed to get down below 30 degrees :(:mad:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
lol CE if you have bees around they use them when they bloom early spring. It is the very first nectar they get. You don't need to let them seed. I think they are pretty, but then again my grass is not even close to perfect.
I try to pull out some but can't keep up in spring. Was considering spraying but could not bring myself to getting that crap, so will just try to pull as many as I can and still there will be lots for bees!

Ask a Question