What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
It got up to 65 here, sunny, but little chilly with the winds. I spread crabgrass preventor, then thought, "Darn, I should have mowed FIRST!" Don't want to mow and toss that stuff around again. Shoot, and it's supposed to be a rainy week after Monday. I think the rain needs to happen before I mow, so the fertilizer will break down. Maybe if another heavy dew tomorrow morning, it will melt the pellets, and I can mow tomorrow after work, if no rain yet. Grass doesn't need it too bad yet, but by next weekend it sure will. It will be very green, too, which I LOVE!
Barn swallows are back. Woohoo, my favorite bird. And, they were chattering up a storm all afternoon while I worked outside. Planted all the pansies I got, which was about 140 plants. Also planted the Japanese water iris and variegated Sweet Iris, both of them in the bogs. Got at least 3 plants out of each pot.
Also transplanted the tiny cacti into the teeny tiny pots on this votive-holder-turned-cactus-holder. I like how it turned out.
010.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Let the cactus dry between watering they will rot if kept to wet.
Love how it turned out.

68 today, sunny the rain until Saturday, jw sent her rain here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yep, going to need to let those cactus get really dry in between watering. I used most of the soil that was in the pot with the cactus when I bought them, and put the leftover cactus in another planter I have.
Going to have rain here starting tonight and going through Fri. Thanks JW ... NOT! LOL
Hoping to mow my grass for the first time tonight. Most of it doesn't need to be mowed, but other parts are tall. With all this rain coming, it will be really tall by next weekend if I don't get it knocked down tonight. We shall see .... trickle charger on lawn mower battery.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I always start my lawn mowers for awhile all winter ,but when you are still mowing now and the in Dec. and Jan. and already mowed in March ,my mowers don't get much rest .They say rain here also but they said rain last week and we got none .I hope this time we do because we need it .All we get is wind .

Reaction score
Country
United States
It got up to 65 here, sunny, but little chilly with the winds. I spread crabgrass preventor, then thought, "Darn, I should have mowed FIRST!" Don't want to mow and toss that stuff around again. Shoot, and it's supposed to be a rainy week after Monday. I think the rain needs to happen before I mow, so the fertilizer will break down. Maybe if another heavy dew tomorrow morning, it will melt the pellets, and I can mow tomorrow after work, if no rain yet. Grass doesn't need it too bad yet, but by next weekend it sure will. It will be very green, too, which I LOVE!
Barn swallows are back. Woohoo, my favorite bird. And, they were chattering up a storm all afternoon while I worked outside. Planted all the pansies I got, which was about 140 plants. Also planted the Japanese water iris and variegated Sweet Iris, both of them in the bogs. Got at least 3 plants out of each pot.
Also transplanted the tiny cacti into the teeny tiny pots on this votive-holder-turned-cactus-holder. I like how it turned out.
View attachment 79555

Love the new planter CE

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I can't even fathom that mtpond. We have been in the mid 70's for a few weeks now. I have tadpoles swimming around and flowers coming up and weeds and gras.... Well you get the picture. I am sending warm weather thoughts your way!

Reaction score
Our grass is starting to turn green. The plants in the pond and in my flower beds are only up a couple inches :(. Extended forcast day time temps mainly in high 50's and night temps still in the low 30's.:cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yours has pink mixed in with the yellow and green, Sissy. It's gorgeous! I have a yucca I dug up from a friend's woods, where his parents had dumped some many years ago. They were EVERYWHERE in the woods, but he said he didn't remember any of them blooming. Probably not enough sunlight. I had mine planted in same spot, full sun, for 4 years before it bloomed. Just regular green yucca,but the flower stalk was over 6' tall. This year the plant doesn't look too super, so wondering if the main plant is going to die but there are no babies.
If my plant gets pink in it like yours, I will be thrilled! We shall see.
I mowed tonight, but only mowed about 2/3 of my yard, and the part I mowed, MAYBE 40% of it actually got a haircut. So, it really didn't need to be mowed as much as I thought, but I feel better, as with the rain and 70's coming this week, it will grow like crazy. At least I knocked off the top. I mow high, too, so it's pretty tall, and very green. I love green green grass!!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
MyPond you and I are in the same boat right now, snowing here too and weather really sucks. On the bright side most of the snow is melting and at least my pond looks better now with some green spring bulbs popping up everywhere. I did mange to get some work done in the yard removing more old big plant boxes that I had built about 15 years ago but were old and rotten. Cleared most of the garden now so I have a clean slate to work with when it dries out. Next day off I will pick up some heavy pressure treated posts for building my new upper level, I have decided to go with the more expensive pressure treated posts instead of landscaping ties cause they stack better and look much more durable.

Ask a Question