What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sunny and much warmer now. Got hot cup of fresh coffee and going to soak up sun in greenhouse once I am done soaking my old bones on hot bathtub. Awe feels good after working so hard last night. Got to work all weekend and squeeze afternoon turkey dinner in Sunday for my mom before I go to work that evening. .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Funny, but 80 miles north of me today, shopping for plants and flowers, it was 6 degrees warmer than at home, according to Weather Channel. What gives??? It got to 56 at home, and supposed to be 66 tomorrow, and mostly sunny. I'll take that. Looks like after 37 tonight, no lows below 40's for the next 10 days. I believe Spring is here. Hoping it comes to stay for all the rest of you all, too. JW, sorry, but April rains do bring May flowers .... ;)
I found this votive candle holder on the clearance rack, one of the snail's antenna was broken off. Wanted to put tiny pots in it and grow something. I asked a lady and she dumped out 3 tiny pots (stuff in them was dead) and we found some small cactus to transplant in the pots. She figured most anything else would get too dry in such a small container, and "cook". So, we shall see how this works. I will plant the cactus tomorrow.
frog turtle snail.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is cute CE.

62 today, 68 tomorrow then rain for the rest of the week. At least it is not snow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Only 35 right now, but going up to 65 today. Checked extended forecast, and seems no night time temps below 48 for next 10 days. Pretty sure that means I will be planting most of my stuff today. Bushes and tree are all hardy, although couple of them have been inside semi-greenhouse setting, so in controlled climate to force them to grow sooner. Will slowly get them acclimated to the outside temps, especially those that will be planted on the north side of the house, where it is cooler. Impatiens and petunias will have to wait, too, hardening them off on back deck for a week or so. Pansies are going out today! First, must spread crabgrass preventor, while the grass is still wet. Then dogs can go out after dew dries.
Happy Easter, to all my GPF friends! He is risen!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Beautiful weekend on tap here. Upper 60s yesterday and today. We did get down to 28 on Friday night. Hoping that is the last of the cold nights now.
This weeks forecast is cloudy and rainy. Mid 60s. Will take advantage of todays weather. It will be windy later though as usual.
Pond has cleared now after being very murky since winter thaw. Yea!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well wind calmed down and they said it was supposed to get down to 36 last night well it got down to 30 degrees and now almost 60 degrees and out to spread the rest of the mulch in my gardens

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We are up to 43 and climbing fast now. Gonna go for an Easter bicycle ride then prolly do some weeding.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
finish the mulch day .Almost done

Attachments

• new mulch 006.JPG
    new mulch 006.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 150
  • new mulch 007.JPG
    new mulch 007.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 137
  • new mulch 008.JPG
    new mulch 008.JPG
    309.2 KB · Views: 131
  • new mulch 010.JPG
    new mulch 010.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 104
  • new mulch 016.JPG
    new mulch 016.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 130
  • new mulch 020.JPG
    new mulch 020.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 123

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It was 30 here this morning. It was supposed to be in the low 40s! Lost over half of my seedlings for the garden that I had in greenhouses on the deck. May give up gardening.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You think the greenhouse should have kept them warm enough .I had a big garden in NJ with plenty to give to the neighbors and also to can .Here I just grow for us .I don't have the time or energy for a big garden.Plus the soil here is crappy

Ask a Question