What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Another sunny and beautiful day here! We're making the most of it - it's going to be all change on Friday. Our water butt needs a top up, so the rain is actually very welcome for once!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Severe storm warnings right now, one just about ready to hit us, sky turning black............ love neat storms. Wind howling and it is 67 right now.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We are getting wind gusts 45 to 55 mph here but no storms ,sun is out bright .But you can't get a darn thing done with this wind .I tried and failed

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We peaked at 36 so far, but the sky is getting darker and darker, like night coming. Now rain starting love it, we need the water.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The storms have been missing us, north south east, we have been dry. So I am happy with this liquid gold falling.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hah we are going to be swimming in the gold here agian soon. We are liquid gold rich here but I would rather have the sun gold!
Only in the 40's now and brrrrrrr I'm cold.
California wants our liquid gold but they can't have it! If you try to make the desert a rich tropical paradise and you lose then it is not our fault, I'm sorry.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thunder and lightening and rain, loving it. Temps dropped to 50 since it started.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I see it is pouring at your place addy. It is filling up your deck pond. I wish I could hear the thunder. I can't really see the lightning cuz it's daytime. No rain here yet so off for my walk to beat it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
We have freeze watch/warnings going for tonight, depending on which weather app I pay attention to. I covered my Fuji apple tree, because 1) it's the first year it has bloomed (the Gala tree has bloomed and produced apples each year so far), and 2) because it's smaller than the Gala, and I could toss the fitted sheet over it. LOL Also covered my spindle palm on the back deck, since I had extra sheet handy. All the rest of my annuals not planted are pushed up against house on east side. Hanging baskets are against house or in garage. Elephant ears that were started and put in stream and bog are on deck. Think I have everything protected that I can. Will be interesting to see if the Gala apple tree suffers any damage. This is going to be a good test. Maybe we will get lucky and it won't get as cold as they thought. They are saying 33-36 ... so we shall see...
Gala apple tree is full of blossoms.
Gala apple tree.JPG
apple tree blossoms.JPG

Fuji tree and spindle palm covered in case of frost tonight. Plants on deck by palm are waiting to be planted in landscaping.
Fuji applel tree covered for poss frost.JPG
Palm covered ready for poss frost.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My apple, pear, peach all blooming, no way to protect, 35 right now, 34 tomorrow night then 32, the 32 will hurt, freeze warnings. Oh well nothing I can do. Lost all the peaches this same way last year. Annuals in my wild flower gardens coming up everywhere they may all die to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
No frost here that I noticed, so covering was not necessary after all. Going to remove the sheets tomorrow morning, as they are calling for cold again tonight, although supposed to be a degree warmer, that's what is posted this morning. I should be ok, but since it's up there, might as well let the neighbors get a chuckle out of a sheet on my tree. LOL Going up to 66 today, and sunny! Winds have finally died down, been pretty windy the last 3 days. I'm thankful for that. Will mow tonight and not get it all blown all over me. Woohoo!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oh, yuck, did you really, KoiGuy??? My sisters in Milwaukee area are battling whether splitting and transplanting perennials will be hurt after last night and tonight's cold temps. I have to be referee, so I give pros and cons for both sides. LOL

Ask a Question