addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We might have some rain coming, sure hope so, we have been dry!
ow perfect weather.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh they say a chance of rain tonight but the dew has been so heavy that I hate walking on the lawn because it is not good for the grass .I did empty the bigger stock tank to decide where to move it and if I should raise it or set it on the ground

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We have not had any moisture at all for way too long, some farmers are not even going to seed crops cause it is way to dry. At this point snow would even be welcome!

I am off today, then work Friday and Saturday, then I am off for a whole week!!! Never ever had holidays since Cuba in 2001! That is like 14 years ago!! Way too long and way overdue. I know I am a workaholic and taking this break to work on my yard!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well got about 12 deck boards cut and now thundering and raining .I guess all my plants will get watered .Got more grass seed down in bare spots in back yard .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
20150430_171317.jpg
Historic Downtown Medicine Hat
20150430_172353.jpg
We did get some clouds and I swear last night I could smell the rain coming, but not a drop.
Today I had non stop company, first this crippled guy that like to walk by my house, and I invited him for coffee, with me and my friend and her daughter, then came my sweet nephew, and then I managed to get down town and had a visit with my friends who have a garden center just opening tomorrow!

Attachments

• 20150430_171255.jpg
    20150430_171255.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 20150430_172334.jpg
    20150430_172334.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 20150430_172311.jpg
    20150430_172311.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 159
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
It was only partly sunny today, but darn chilly, only got to maybe 62 and VERY windy! Tomorrow, warmer, sunny, and 70's then 80's for this coming week. Thank goodness, I was beginning to wonder if we were going to get some warmer spring weather. Perfect weekend in store, lots of things will get done outside. Yippee!!! Now, if my mare would foal on this warm weekend, that would be icing on the cake. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Farmers are tearing up the fields around here, first time in years that corn is in the ground in April, and I have a feeling it was a good move! Usually mid May before corn is planted and grows, doesn't get killed by frost or too much rain. Dry here until next weekend, so everyone is getting gardens tilled. I'm not going to put in a garden, just a few tomato plants and pepper plants ... maybe. LOL Nothing better than fresh tomatoes ... NOTHING! May even buy some cheap tomato plants and put them in the "wild" area I'm letting grow up, and let the tomato caterpillars have at them! LOL I have quail that have made that small area their home, so not going to pasture it, may just mow it high to kill off the big weed seeds. It's nice having quail all winter and spring in this wide open prairie, with no other cover than in the end of my pasture, used to be garden, nothing would grow, so let it grow whatever it wanted. :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sounds nice with all the quail running CE. We got them birds too and lots of pheasants and they even hang out in town (not the quail) and I see them some days and one day saw a big male pheasant on one of the big old trees two doors down.

No tomato catapillers here that I know of....

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sitting outside burning some old tree branches in fire. My big toe really hurts tonight, dropped a square pot right on the big left toe today. It's going purple and it is throbbing and still hurts. Having glass of wine and looking at new bright under water lights by new big pond. Now I spent all my money on pond stuff, and the pump that quit working in the winter, Koi Guy from Animal World going to replace it, so I will have big pump for stream in front yard.

Should get to 70 degrees tomorrow . I will try to work on front yard and get it looking better.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ouch! I dropped some flooring on my toe in June of last year, had to stick pins in the nail to let out the blood then it fell off. Just now almost have my toenail back.

Very very painful. Relieve the pressure if you have blood collecting under the nail, makes it feel a lot better. A heated up paper clip works great. I kept making holes until it quit draining.

Ask a Question