What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Ha ha them birds do tend to poop all over. I got lots of birdies that live in the vine on the house, and I don't sit too close to that vine either.

Well I still can't believe it rained! It was not even for cast and we finally got first rain in at least two months if not longer So happy now, it feels more like spring and will get me more excited to work the front yaRd over. It was so dry dusty and windy for so many days that it was depressing thinking of planting in dust bowl.

Today is my last day of work and tomorrow I am off for whole week. First whole week off in decades!! supervisor is stressed cause I do one of the hardest jobs, moving tons of heavy pellets and unloading them one box at a time. I am used to working hard and can move lots of Boxes quick. Hopefully they will manage without me. We are union and some people really take advantage of that fact and work as slow as possible, then poor young supervisor will be stressed out..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Don't even think about work while you are off, Colleen, and don't go in and check on your supervisor. They WILL survive. I cannot believe you have not taken a whole week off in 10 years or more. That's absurd. Maybe you don't mind, but hey, if you earned the time you should be able to take it. Glad you got some rain, and now will be excited to fix up your front yard.
Beautiful weather here, 70's this weekend, mostly sunny, and dry. Rain coming next weekend, but farmers are thrilled to be getting in so much corn this week and next. Unbelievable, to have corn in the ground end of April, first week of May for so many. Usually this time of year, only get 2 dry days in a row, and that's how enough to farm. My landscaping got more red mulch spread today, so things are looking pretty nice right now. 80's predicted for all next week. Spring has FINALLY sprung! Hoping it doesn't jump to the 90's now, though ...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Frost this morning.
We still bring the potted plants in every night. Makes for a crowded front door!
Yesterday morning everything was white with snow.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze wish we could send you some nice weather mitch .It is supposed to be in the mid 80's all this week .I am still playing catch up with all the work around here .One more railing to do on the deck and then build the gate but the stock tank surround is half done .Trimming and mowing need done again with all the rain and dew it is growing like crazy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Thanks sissy.
This is normal for here. I get a little nervous about now because of how dry it is and the potential for forest fires.
June is our rainy season, so that's good.

Last year we took down about 100 trees that were within about 75 yards of the house, so that's a bit better of a safety margin.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh know what you mean about fire hazard ,i always worry here about all the trees and forest fires .Pine trees seem to go up fast when they catch fire .I am not really happy about this 80 degree weather because it slows down things I want to get done .Yesterday it was 81 and I worked through but the work sure slowed down a lot .I did not get as much done as I wanted .The dew on the ground in the morning keeps me from getting out there .My dad always said it is not good to walk on dew covered grass .Not healthy for the grass and can be dangerous for you also .Well hope you get your June rains then .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh this time of the year the humidity stays over 50% but July and August it gets very dry here and that is when I start to worry .Last August we had several small fires but they were caught early by the fire department .They usually put up a fire burning ban during those months .But kids driving there quads start fires and then you have farmers that have those giant roll bales that sometimes catch fire .Hard to put them out when it comes from internal heat .Marty last year lost a lot of his big roll bales and the shed they were stored under .It took the fire department a week to get it all out and make sure it did not start up again .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We have a metal roof and fiber cement siding. Our real risk here is getting trapped because there's only 2 ways out of here.
Weather overall seems to be getting more and more extreme, so I think it's just something we all need to be aware of.
We don't get tornadoes or hurricanes. I don't think there's much that people in those areas can really do.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
maybe you need to invest in a helicopter at least you would have a third way out UP .You could run one of those tours by helicopter to pay for it all .Just a thought ;)already over 80 degrees here and over half the trimming is done and more flowers planted and shade cover half up over the pond but need more screw in braces to hold up pipes .Have to go tomorrow

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
off work now for a week and we're going shoppinG with hubby to grocery store where I work... then I can check out bakery cause I have obsessive disorder obviously! Ha ha ha. I love to just hang and and see how everything going on day off... must get therapy. Hahaha

Its going to be weird to be off work for whole week. Today I just wanted to laze around and recover from going extra hard at work last night. I work threw my unpaid breaks to get more done cause I am obsessive. I know I am obsessive but can't help myself. Must get therapy... why can't I get obsessive about house work!!! Ha ha ha

Weather was pretty darn close to freezing this morning. Sun is out and shining and getting warmer so time to go outside and sit by pond for half hour.
I actually rarely sit for more than five minutes cause I end up puttering around yard....
got some new ideas for gardening and so I will take my yummy coffee and go pond ponder my thoughts. ..

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
86 degrees and finally gave up sun is blazing hot .It is 6 pm and I need coffee ,hubby is eating and I am waiting for a fresh pot to get done .Wanted to finish last of trimming but needed to put trimmer string on .Deck needs two more boards and the gate made

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow Sissy you are like energizer Bunny! 'You just go and go! I drank a pot of coffee today, washed and gave Rio a little trim around the "bikini area" as her extra fluffy behind was getting dingle berries.... :wtf:

Outside under the big bright moon, sitting by new upper pond listening to radio and having glass of wine. Currently about 57 degrees. Tomorrow should be hot and sunny so I will get more things planted. Today I planted some planters by the far side of pond edge. Need a couple vines to stick in basket to crawl on pond edge.

Soaked the big toe in warm salty water as it was not looking too good. Does not hurt so that is good at least.

Work called looking for someone to close tonight but I said I just couldn't cause I had to soak my toe.

Ask a Question